View Full Version : Wondering about switching back .....

salleh
03-30-17, 11:56 AM
I took dex for many years, then during the "Great Adderall Shortage" of a few years back, once everything shook out ....Adderall was considerably cheaper, and I pay out of pocket .....I have 105 30mg pills a month, the odd number because my pdoc understands I have several days a month when I have to focus for 12 hours or more .....those are the 4 pill days .....the usual is 3 pills

....having trouble finding that amount today and just for fun decided to check the prices of dex again ...the last time I looked they were really really high ...like about $600 for my script ....

....My question is this .....I have completely forgotten the amount of dex I took .....say 90 mg daily for adderall .....how would that translate to dex ..??

...Checking out Good RX ...I find that at Walgreens.....180 10 mg pills ( 60mg a day) would cost $120 ......but 210 pills a day ( 70mg daily) would cost $245....that more than double the amount of money for 30 extra pills ...sounds a bit controlling to me ....no, more than a bit controlling ....a LOT controlling .....

...Right now I pay about $70 for my 105 30mg of adderall .....so $120 is pretty doable .....but $245 a month plus my pdoc fees is more than $300 out of pocket ! ....

......and I really hope that we aren't heading into another shortage ......I have checked with more than 6 pharmacies .....and no go .....yikes ....

.....I was happy with the dex when I was using that ...but the high prices drove me to adderall ( IR) ....it took me a while to get used to it ....now it works fine if I don't get certain generic brands ....

salleh
03-30-17, 12:08 PM
I found an old post of mine that said I was taking 90 mg a day of dex......but that was after about 15 years on it ....I've been taking adderall since about 2012 I think ....so that's about 5 years .....

sarahsweets
03-30-17, 01:40 PM
I think I have found the magic combo after years on adderall xr/ir or dex spansules/ir.
I take adderall xr 20mg three times a day and a dex ir booster of 10mg two times a day. The only reason the adderall xr is necessary is I have physical absorption issues so Ir meds go right through me. Otherwise I feel like I would probably stick with all IR.