View Full Version : Amphetamine Salts Corepharma Lack of affect

Jnamorgan
04-01-17, 10:34 AM
I've taken Adderall 20mg for several years. Walgreens switched over to Corepharma's brand of Amphetamine salt tablets. I assumed the pill would work the same as other generic versions. However, it does not for me. Besides getting headaches, the medication does nothing for me. Paid $80+ for a pill that did me no good. Most pharmacies near me are starting to switch to this brand even though others have expressed similar concerns. The pharmacy said they couldn't order different brands because of DEA (?) guidelines. Clearly, the Rx has been cleared by the FDA but I'm not happy. Between an LD and ADHD, I'd really like a medication that works. Even Driving without my ADHD meds makes me nervous. Other ADHD meds have not helped much either. Really bumbed. Anyone else have similar issues w/ this Rx?

dvdnvwls
04-01-17, 03:08 PM
Your doctor may be able to help with this.

myth20
04-01-17, 04:05 PM
I had corepharma's on my afternoon dosage and yes no effects. I am getting my scripts next week what other options for regular adderrall?

sarahsweets
04-01-17, 04:24 PM
The only option I see is to ask other pharmacies who their manufacturer is. I would do this in person because they are more likely to not be testy.

Little Missy
04-01-17, 04:37 PM
I just went to Core a week ago and it lasts SO long.:eek:

BlackWarrior
04-01-17, 05:14 PM
Shoot. I'm filling my next script in a couple weeks. I hope this doesn't mean that all Walgreens are switching to corepharma...

Joker_Girl
04-03-17, 12:12 AM
Are these a kind of tan capsule that you can't see thru? Or like a light brown or something, yellowish brown.

Whatever those are they suck.

The best ones I have had are these where one end is orange and the other clear, and full of orange and white beads.

I don't know about the generic IR ones either. The ones I got are white and shaped like a stop sign.

dvdnvwls
04-03-17, 02:00 AM
Shoot. I'm filling my next script in a couple weeks. I hope this doesn't mean that all Walgreens are switching to corepharma...
Hmmmm. I believe Walgreen's is pretty rigid in making all its stores carry the same things. Keeps costs down, I'm sure.

Bouncingoffwall
04-06-17, 11:49 PM
I wonder if there is any difference between generic brands? Perception plays a big part in how well medication works. If you're expecting ill effects based on what you read, you just might end up with them.

BlackWarrior
04-20-17, 02:20 AM
My local Walgreens refilled my script this month with the same Teva brand as usual. It might be old stock? I'm actually curious to try Corepharma branded adderall again because they worked well for me in '14.

Little Missy
04-20-17, 08:14 AM
My local Walgreens refilled my script this month with the same Teva brand as usual. It might be old stock? I'm actually curious to try Corepharma branded adderall again because they worked well for me in '14.

Maybe not. I just switched to Core because my druggist can no longer get Sandoz and it was definitely an eye opener and lasted way longer. ':eek:

He called to see how I was doing and said he could get Teva again and should he order me some. :scratch:

I never really question him pointedly about things but a year ago when I mentioned Teva all he did was shake his head in a fast "NO"

But apparently Teva is available once again.

I have NO idea if I should switch again. Seriously, the Core is way different than Sandoz. It works but it is way drier than Sandoz was. GAWD awful dry. I may just ask for the Teva because it was never very drying but who knows?

salleh
04-25-17, 05:08 PM
ahh tablets ...= IR .....I've been going to Walgreens cause they carried Teva .....I spent 2 days calling around all the pharmancies in the bay area .....they were the only ones....if they switch I am F***** ....one pharmacy carried Impax ( which I got in Michigan this last winter, and I liked it fine) ...but that pharmacy discovered that their bottle was expired !

I hate hate hate this stupid game with the different pharmacies and who carries what ....you'd think that a pharmacy would stock what their customers want ....but no ...that's no longer the way business is done ....it's all about maximum profits for the CEOs and the stockholders....