View Full Version : Wellbrutin Xl 150mg and Vyvance 70mg

Syndicki
04-04-17, 02:24 PM
Hi,

I am in need of a bit of guidance..

I take Vyvance 70mg and recently started taking Wellbrutin Xl 150mg for depression.

I have taken Vyvance for a couple of years and the impact of the 70mg has diminished a lot, but it still keeps me functioning.

So far the Wellbutrin seems to be having a positive impact and actually seems to be working better in the evening time.

I have been taking for about 5 days now and had a number of minor side effects, sleep etc but overall a positive experience.

I normally take my Vyvance around 8-9am without food and the Wellbutrin at around 9-10 with food.

Is there an specific time of day that I should be taking the Wellbutrin to I am seeing the full impact. Also, does it matter if I take with or without food?

Also, how long does one usually need to take Wellbutrin to see it full impact? i.e weeks/months etc?

Also, I have read that people usually change does at a certain point? Does anyone have experience with this? Is this drug similar to others that after a certain period the impact wears off?

I should also point out that I am an alcoholic and have been sober for 7 months, the depth of my depression really only hit a few months.

Thanks,

sarahsweets
04-05-17, 04:26 AM
Is there an specific time of day that I should be taking the Wellbutrin to I am seeing the full impact. Also, does it matter if I take with or without food?

Also, how long does one usually need to take Wellbutrin to see it full impact? i.e weeks/months etc?
My understanding with antidepressants and stimulants is they should be taken in the morning as part of your morning routine. Why dont you eat with the vyvanse? Its very important to eat a healthy breakfast with all medications and especially stimulants. Wellbutrin is one that does take time to work. My experience is that it does work a little faster that other anti-d's but that it still could take a few weeks.

Also, I have read that people usually change does at a certain point? Does anyone have experience with this? Is this drug similar to others that after a certain period the impact wears off?

What do you mean by change? Do you mean dosage or type of medication?

I should also point out that I am an alcoholic and have been sober for 7 months, the depth of my depression really only hit a few months.

Congrats on being sober! I am also an alcoholic and have been sober for over 4 years.