View Full Version : Waiting to be referred for 4 year old, really struggling

Cmummyxo
04-04-17, 05:30 PM
Hello, I'm waiting for my 4 year old daughter to be referred, she has all the signs for add, but I'm really struggling with night times, I put her to bed at around 8, she will get up over 20 times, I've tried with rewards in mornings but that doesn't work, tonight she is still awake at half 10 and then she will wake around half 7. It's really getting me down as she used to be really good at going to bed but it's getting worse alot worse, it's getting to me now feeling depressed, could anyone help with ideas to keep her in bed and to fall to sleep without being up all night, thankyou :(

dvdnvwls
04-04-17, 06:15 PM
Sleep problems may be separate from ADHD.

Cmummyxo
04-04-17, 06:17 PM
Her sleep has been on and off since she was born. But for the past year she will just not go to sleep

Fuzzy12
04-04-17, 06:39 PM
What does she do after getting up?

Cmummyxo
04-05-17, 03:39 AM
What does she do after getting up?

She just messes around, says she needs toilet a million times, says she's wants another kiss, just excuses to not go to sleep, but I've tried things like baths before bed and nothing relaxes her

sarahsweets
04-05-17, 04:12 AM
Hello, I'm waiting for my 4 year old daughter to be referred, she has all the signs for add, but I'm really struggling with night times, I put her to bed at around 8, she will get up over 20 times, I've tried with rewards in mornings but that doesn't work, tonight she is still awake at half 10 and then she will wake around half 7. It's really getting me down as she used to be really good at going to bed but it's getting worse alot worse, it's getting to me now feeling depressed, could anyone help with ideas to keep her in bed and to fall to sleep without being up all night, thankyou :(

What is her bedtime routine? Have you considered putting her to bed later? Dvd is right, sometimes sleep issues are unrelated to adhd.

Cmummyxo
04-05-17, 04:14 AM
What is her bedtime routine? Have you considered putting her to bed later? Dvd is right, sometimes sleep issues are unrelated to adhd.

Yes I've tried later times and she will still get up, she will get her pj's on around 7 and we then sit and have cuddles and chill out till 8

sarahsweets
04-05-17, 04:38 AM
What are the adhd symptoms you are noticing?

Cmummyxo
04-05-17, 04:51 AM
She can't sit still for longer then 2 minutes, she doesn't stick to doing one thing for a long time, she doesn't know danger I've had to buy a wrist things because she runs off,she doesn't listen when I speak to her, she talks alot! And also she has a very short fuse temper