View Full Version : It came back...

ADHDSufferer
04-05-17, 10:38 AM
As a young child, I had been diagnosed and medicated for ADD. Which was an amazing feeling, because I could never figure out what my issue was with concentrating, i wasnt hyperactive, i wasn't searching for an adrenaline rush, in fact, i was the complete opposite! Finally, upon diagnosis and treatment, i felt what it was like to "get it".

After having major loss of appetite, and losing too much weight, kids at school started rumors that I was ill, and then began my journey in finding alternative non-medicated ways of treatment. I learned throughout my medicated time how to maintain structure and discipline, and I carried that with me. In my late 20's, i had 2 children .. And life became all scrambled all over again. I also went back to school, and felt like I was wasting my time and money, because my entire life felt like a complete mess. And I retained nothing. I can't focus when life feels too crazy. My anxiety got out of control, i felt depressed.

After going back to my therapist, she recommended seeking medication for my ADD. And it was like a miracle had occured. I didn't need anti-anxiety or anti-depressants! I needed to fix the root of it all, my ADD!!! I began taking Adderall again, and literally within days, i felt like a human again! I felt like I could function and exist without a daily meltdown again!

I just picked up my script from the pharmacy, and realized my doctor changed me from IR to ER. And I can't for the life of me figure out why? I took my recommended dose, and as I sat here reading over the label, just trying to obtain some information of this new script, i decided to search the web instead, to read about other people's experience with ER.

Does anyone have any idea why my doctor would prescribe the ER in place of the IR?

My prolonged feeling throughout the day on the IR was fairly neutral, nothing crazy. But I did certainly look forward to the moment the med kicked in .. It was like my "GO TIME" indicator. Not feeling that at all with this DR. I'm basically just sitting here, waiting for my body to yell GO! But it's not happening.

Any advice/info is appreciated...

Lunacie
04-05-17, 12:01 PM
As a young child, I had been diagnosed and medicated for ADD. Which was an amazing feeling, because I could never figure out what my issue was with concentrating, i wasnt hyperactive, i wasn't searching for an adrenaline rush, in fact, i was the complete opposite! Finally, upon diagnosis and treatment, i felt what it was like to "get it".

After having major loss of appetite, and losing too much weight, kids at school started rumors that I was ill, and then began my journey in finding alternative non-medicated ways of treatment. I learned throughout my medicated time how to maintain structure and discipline, and I carried that with me. In my late 20's, i had 2 children .. And life became all scrambled all over again. I also went back to school, and felt like I was wasting my time and money, because my entire life felt like a complete mess. And I retained nothing. I can't focus when life feels too crazy. My anxiety got out of control, i felt depressed.

After going back to my therapist, she recommended seeking medication for my ADD. And it was like a miracle had occured. I didn't need anti-anxiety or anti-depressants! I needed to fix the root of it all, my ADD!!! I began taking Adderall again, and literally within days, i felt like a human again! I felt like I could function and exist without a daily meltdown again!

I just picked up my script from the pharmacy, and realized my doctor changed me from IR to ER. And I can't for the life of me figure out why? I took my recommended dose, and as I sat here reading over the label, just trying to obtain some information of this new script, i decided to search the web instead, to read about other people's experience with ER.

Does anyone have any idea why my doctor would prescribe the ER in place of the IR?

My prolonged feeling throughout the day on the IR was fairly neutral, nothing crazy. But I did certainly look forward to the moment the med kicked in .. It was like my "GO TIME" indicator. Not feeling that at all with this DR. I'm basically just sitting here, waiting for my body to yell GO! But it's not happening.

Any advice/info is appreciated...

Since the doctor didn't tell you about changing the script from IR to XR,
maybe it was a brain-fart-moment and unintended?

Maybe the pharmacy made a mistake?

I'd begin by checking with both those places. 'Cause if something ain't broke,
there's no need to fix it.

ADHDSufferer
04-05-17, 12:28 PM
Thank you for your response. It could be that, or a new issue with my insurance. I've had issue month after month with the doctors office and the pharmacy and the insurance company. So this is certainly possible. Due to strict state laws and the fact that I didn't realize the change in my prescription until after it was filled and I was already home, I thunk I'll just ride out the month.
I thought maybe it was a preferred version, and was intentional.
Since starting this medicine, the pills have been different from one month to the next. And when my dosage was increased a few months back, I ended up having to go through a different pharmacy, due to the fact that the original pharmacy never had the quantity that i needed. My insurance company wouldn't approve 1 20mg 2x's per day, but did approve 2 10mgs twice a day. And every month since being with the new pharmacy I've gotten different (in appearance) meds month to month. So it isn't a red flag for me seeing something different looking. But the capsules definitely threw me off.
Anywho .. woo knows!? Maybe it'll work just as well and I'll prefer it?
Thanks again!