View Full Version : Help and Advise needed

Dreamer10
04-07-17, 02:00 AM
Hi three.

I'm new here so apologies if this has been asked before. I am still finding my way around.

I am a 35 year old male who has recently been diagnosed with inattentive ADHD. In some way it was a relief to eventually be diagnosed after years of anxiety and depression along with a host of other issues which I'm most of you can relate to.

I have been prescribed dexamphetamine 5mgs and was told to start with 2 pills in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. This turned out to be way too much for me and after reading some posts on here , I reduced the dose to a half a pill twice a day. I am two and a half weeks in with this medication and am currently taking 1 pill twice a day. I am still getting lots of the nasty side effects but no apparent benefits that I have read so much about.

I read that some people will respond to dexampetamine where others will respond well to methylphenidate.

My question is how long should I keep taking the dexamphetamine for before I start to see the benefits? How long should I give it before changing and trying methylphenidate?

Has anyone had experience with one medication not working and then the other working brilliantly?

Sean