View Full Version : Is this normal or am I seeking justification

kittens9595
04-09-17, 05:56 AM
Hello all, I have been diagnosed with adhd by my therapist but she also told me that I have had a great educational life so I don't have it that intense. I'm not taking medication for it, also I'm lready having intense medication for ocd. My problem is that whenever I need to study, I find excuses and I'm also very unwilling. Sometimes I can't focus at all,I need to read the same sentence for 5 times. I can't focus on my classes, I thought the sole reason was my phone but even if I close i find other things to get distracted with. I studied for my differential equations class since the beg inning of the term and it was terrible. I can't get anything right, I want to be a bright student again. Is it adhd or am I seeking justification and actually lazy.

dvdnvwls
04-09-17, 01:13 PM
You are not lazy, and not just seeking justification for slacking off. If you were, it would have been obvious long ago.

So, something is not right. It could be different things - ADHD, anxiety, stress, new classes (like differential equations) are more difficult than old classes were... Could be a combination of those... Could be something else that I never thought of.

Have you had difficult changes in life recently? Like you moved to a different house, or started or stopped a serious relationship?

Little Missy
04-09-17, 08:50 PM
Maybe the medication for your OCD is causing the difficulty.

kittens9595
04-10-17, 10:15 AM
You are not lazy, and not just seeking justification for slacking off. If you were, it would have been obvious long ago.

So, something is not right. It could be different things - ADHD, anxiety, stress, new classes (like differential equations) are more difficult than old classes were... Could be a combination of those... Could be something else that I never thought of.

Have you had difficult changes in life recently? Like you moved to a different house, or started or stopped a serious relationship?

Thank you so much for your reply. I get anxiety attacks like few times a month so it could be a reason. I haven't had serious changes in my life recently though.

@little Missy I think this also

sarahsweets
04-10-17, 12:39 PM
How has your sleep been?

kittens9595
04-11-17, 08:39 AM
How has your sleep been?

I get daytime sleepiness quite often. I go to bed at 1-2 am most of the at most , sometimes I'm so tired so i sleep at 12 am. I wake up at 8.30 during weekdays