View Full Version : Anyone notice the fatigue goes away when active?

bluefoxicy
04-09-17, 07:27 PM
I'm still getting fatigue, and still sleeping well at 60mg. I've noticed I can take it with fried chicken (to delay T[max] and lower C[max] by ~1/3) to reduce the negative effects, so will ask my psychiatrist about dropping it to 25mg BID or 18mg BID; the drug's pretty strong, anyway, and I'm mostly concerned with how it affects my sleep (I sleep now without sleep drugs) rather than how it improves my behavior.

At this point, I take a 60mg at noon and I might be out of it at 2:30pm, and then just go nap until 7pm or so. It's pretty *******' extreme. I don't actually sleep—not with a heart rate in the 80s. I don't take it late because it'll keep me awake.

Funny enough, if I get on the motorcycle (which burns calories like mad, somehow), I don't have a problem. My heart rate goes up to about 110, and I feel good for a while. I get about half an hour or so before I start feeling fatuged again after I get back.

It's like the fatigue is there when the tachycardia raises my heart rate above my output, and matching my level of exertion to my heart rate makes the fatigue go away.

Anyone else noticed this?

StoicNate
04-10-17, 05:02 AM
If I don't take a morning shower then I will be tired and wasting my day.

Fuzzy12
04-10-17, 05:08 AM
Yes, of course, stimulation is energising.

sarahsweets
04-10-17, 08:30 AM
Never heard of fried chicken helping meds before.

Little Missy
04-10-17, 08:33 AM

It may be worth a try with a side of greens. Any soul food joints close by?

bluefoxicy
04-11-17, 06:08 AM

https://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dockets/06p0209/06P-0209-EC3-Attach-1.pdf

STRATTERA can be administered with or without food. Administration of STRATTERA with a standard high-fat meal in adults did not affect the extent of oral absorption of atomoxetine (AUC), but did decrease the rate of absorption, resulting in a 37% lower Cmax, and delayed Tmax by 3 hours. In clinical trials with children and adolescents, administration of STRATTERA with food resulted in a 9% lower Cmax.

It's all very scientifical.

ldk_13
04-13-17, 02:51 AM
I have never felt tired from taking Strattera, its the complete opposite for me. I cant stop I got to keep doing things and because of that my doctor prescribed me Trazadone to get me to sleep.

samilia
04-19-17, 06:00 AM
Yes. Id agree. When you sit and domt move you become sleepy, almost like you need a nap. I think after a few months tho for me that went away. I am just restarting strattera after being off it fot 4 years. I stopped it last time due to cost.

Lol what on earth is tmax and cmax?