View Full Version : Help with managing prescriptions

randomus3r
04-09-17, 11:42 PM
Hello all, I just have a quick question for you.

I was recently switched from Adderall IR from my doctor to Adderall XR from a new doctor who I am seeing for a different condition.

I always take my medication as prescribed and I dont plan on getting prescriptions from both simultaneously OBVIOUSLY.

But my question is at the end of the month when my 30 day supply runs out and I decide I want to maybe switch back to IR for the next month, is it legally okay to get the IR prescription from my other doctor if thats what I feel like for the month? Keep in mind there are NO early refills happening and NO simultaneous prescriptions.

I am just enquiring regarding if its cool to alternate between IR and XR month to month potentially from a different doc when its time for a legitimate refill.

dvdnvwls
04-10-17, 12:57 AM
Legal? Probably. Looks OK? Definitely not. Stick to one doctor or the other for this.

sarahsweets
04-10-17, 08:41 AM
I wouldnt use two different docs for the same condition and similar prescriptions because it looks bad. Why do you need two differents docs for thsee prescriptions?

Little Missy
04-10-17, 08:59 AM
Hey, ask both of those doctors and see what they say about it. Better do it quick because the pharmacy(s) will let them know if you don't.

randomus3r
04-10-17, 04:11 PM
Hey, ask both of those doctors and see what they say about it. Better do it quick because the pharmacy(s) will let them know if you don't.

I wouldnt use two different docs for the same condition and similar prescriptions because it looks bad. Why do you need two differents docs for thsee prescriptions?

Thanks for the insight guys, I'm not looking to do anything wrong. I will only get a prescription from one of my doctors as I have been. I just thought it would be weird to ask him/her if I could alternate between xr/or every other month... I will ask if I can do that, if they don't agree, is it okay to just go back to my original doc when I run out for refills if he/she is okay with it?