View Full Version : Cracked Pot

salleh
04-11-17, 01:17 PM
....In China, a water bearer took 2 pots to the stream every day, at the end of one side of the yoke was a perfect pot, the other side had a cracked pot .....

.....every day the water bearer filled the pots at the stream, and when he got to his house, the perfect pot was full of water, and the cracked pot was only 1/2 full.....

...FOr 2 years this went on .....

.....at the end of 2 years, the perfect pot was proud ....it had fulfilled it's duty perfectly .....but the cracked pot was ashamed, it had not .....

....One day at the stream the cracked pot talked to the water bearer, and told him how ashamed it was that it only brought back 1/2 the water it was built to hold .....

...The water bearer said ....did you not notice the flowers along the path ? ....that's because I knew of you, and planted seeds all along the path on your side .....and grew flowers .....and every day I can pick beautiful flowers to decorate the house with ......

.....( didn't say this with the lovely words that I read, not that good a memory ......but I did get the story right ......)

.......We cracked pots might not notice that we bring other brightness to life that the perfect ones don't ......so ease up on yourself my friends .....you sometimes never know the good you do ......

midnightstar
04-11-17, 01:21 PM
Thanks for this salleh, I needed to hear this myself today :grouphug:

salleh
04-12-17, 02:55 AM
yah so did I ....which is why I passed it on .....

stef
04-12-17, 04:20 AM
thank you :grouphug: