View Full Version : Doctor won't switch me from methylphenidate to something else?

JustAHedgehog
04-14-17, 07:12 PM
Hi. I have been seeing my prescriber for about 3 months and he gave me methylphenidate after much ADHD testing. I told an other doctor in his team I tried marijuana and obviously that may be why. I also told them I drink occasionally and I haven't drank in forever because I'm too busy. These meds do help but not enough and they make me nauseous. I have complained but he keeps prescribing it. Lately they have made me nauseated and making my head hurt. What can I do besides switching doctors? (He is an on campus student doctor which I don't pay to visit)

unstableAngel
04-14-17, 07:37 PM
Have you asked your Dr for another med. specifically? Cause Drs are reluctant to RX adderal to college students due to the reputation adderal has on campuses. Rampant abuse & selling. If thats what you asked for that could be the reason, if not..????

Pilgrim
04-14-17, 11:11 PM
Drink plenty of water.

JustAHedgehog
04-15-17, 03:31 AM
I told him I heard of this other medication called vyvanse and said he wants to wait before switching. Yes, I keep a case in my bar and a bottle of water on me. I got 3 bottles next to me right now lol. But I would not sell it. It's my medication and I need it haha

JustAHedgehog
04-18-17, 10:53 PM
Got switched to adderall and feeling much better. Better effectiveness=More bang for my buck