View Full Version : Need advice about Vyvanse

BrandonB1617
04-16-17, 11:14 AM
Today is my third day taking it. The doctor told me to take half a dose for the first two days (so 15mg). The first day, it worked really well for a few hours. I finally didn't feel like it was painful for me to concentrate on something that takes actual effort (or anything really). It also got rid of my brain fog and fatigue I've had for a couple years.
It also helped my depression but I know that mood boosts often don't last with stims.
The 2nd day on 15mg I felt basically nothing. I was back to my old tired inattentive self
Today I took the full dose (30mg) and I don't feel much. Maybe a bit more concentration but nothing super significant.
Does this mean Vyvanse probably won't be for me? Am I expecting too much out of it? I just loved the clear head I had on the first day of taking it, is that just an illusion? I haven't been officially diagnosed with ADHD either, just told my doctor about my concentration problems.
And of course I'll talk to my doctor and not rely on Reddit. I see them in a bit less than a month from now.
Tldr: half dose of Vyvanse helped concentration and energy on the first day, next two days (one on a full dose) did little. Could this be a sign I don't have ADHD? I haven't been tested yet.

whoisinthere22
04-18-17, 05:46 PM
Today is my third day taking it. The doctor told me to take half a dose for the first two days (so 15mg). The first day, it worked really well for a few hours. I finally didn't feel like it was painful for me to concentrate on something that takes actual effort (or anything really). It also got rid of my brain fog and fatigue I've had for a couple years.
It also helped my depression but I know that mood boosts often don't last with stims.
The 2nd day on 15mg I felt basically nothing. I was back to my old tired inattentive self
Today I took the full dose (30mg) and I don't feel much. Maybe a bit more concentration but nothing super significant.
Does this mean Vyvanse probably won't be for me? Am I expecting too much out of it? I just loved the clear head I had on the first day of taking it, is that just an illusion? I haven't been officially diagnosed with ADHD either, just told my doctor about my concentration problems.
And of course I'll talk to my doctor and not rely on Reddit. I see them in a bit less than a month from now.
Tldr: half dose of Vyvanse helped concentration and energy on the first day, next two days (one on a full dose) did little. Could this be a sign I don't have ADHD? I haven't been tested yet.
It is easy to get confused with the feeling of euphoria that vyvanse might give the first day or two and the reduction of symptoms of ADHD. If you really are not feeling a damn difference between inserting 30mg of vyvanse and between not inserting anything, then you might need an increase of dose. However, if you do not feel a difference then you should probably talk to your doc. Either way, consult your doctor (hope that he specializes in adhd, unlike my clown psych who does not).

Good luck.

dvdnvwls
04-18-17, 06:37 PM
You aren't supposed to feel anything at all. If it feels horrible, quit the medication immediately until you talk to your doctor. If it feels good or OK or just nothing, then everything is fine.

The test is, do you DO better, NOT do you feel better.

sarahsweets
04-19-17, 06:53 AM
My experience with vyvanse is it either works well or not at all. Some people have great success with it. For me, it made me too moody and didnt last very long.