View Full Version : Never received prescription slip by mail doctor won't rewrite

libersolis
04-16-17, 12:01 PM
Hi all,

I have been with the same doctor for 7 years. Her office ours are during lunch time until the end of the day. Recently i started a new job and can't make the office appointments due to time conflicts.

I asked if she could mail my prescriptions and she did. This was on Monday the 10th. It is now Sunday the 16th and no sign of my script.

When i emailed I was notified that she can't write another until May 1st unless the original is returned. I've never received the original.

Is there any way around this? I have paid for my appointment and feel like I have done nothing wrong. If I had known this was a possibility I would have never asked it to be mailed. She originally offered to send 3 months and I declined. I imagine I would have been really SOL had all 3 been lost in the mail.

I've never requested anything like this, never had any issue and have been on this medication for many years. I am definitely struggling to adjust without it and it comes at the worst time as I really can't have this happen now when I am trying to learn at a fast paced, challenging job.

What can I do? To clarify this is just the PAPER script mailed to me and it has not arrived.

Little Missy
04-16-17, 02:15 PM
It'll probably be there tomorrow or the next day. All of the mail takes longer than ever because of the consolidation of sorting centers.

aur462
04-16-17, 11:46 PM
Austin eh? Or as I like to call it, "California". I lived in Austin for many years. Good town and enjoyed it in my youth and beyond.

I wouldn't think a redundant script would be a problem. If the script is for the same strength and dosage I would think having 2 wouldn't allow you to circumvent anything; 30 days from the last fill - end of story I would think. This is what makes sense, however, making sense doesn't necessarily mean there's not less intuitive reasons for prohibition.

sarahsweets
04-17-17, 06:50 AM
That is weird but I had the same problems. My psyche is 45 minutes away and I used to get them mailed but they were never on time so now I pick them up.

BlueCola
04-26-17, 08:41 PM
Unfortunately, she has the right to decline writing a new rx :(

I would try asking again? If they mail it, they really should pay to have it signed for upon delivery.