View Full Version : Adderall and prozac

Nefarious
04-16-17, 12:32 PM
I'm taking 15mg of Adderall and have just recently started prozac at 20mg for OCD and now I feel like I did when my psychiatrist upped the Adderall to 20mg, which is speedy and very hyper, so do I ask for the Adderall to be lowered or the prozac to be lowered?

cwf1986
04-18-17, 02:34 PM
Of the SSRIs, prozac is known to be the most likely to be activating.

You may adjust and it'll go away.

If it doesn't, I would ask about trying a different SSRI and see what the doc thinks.

cwf1986
04-20-17, 12:29 AM
I just remembered that insomnia and anxiety can be initial side effects to any SSRI. Typically, these sides go away but not always.

However, prozac has a higher chance of remaining activating because of a property particular to it that other SSRI's don't have as much of if any.

But if I were worried about it, I'd still talk to my doc.

sarahsweets
04-20-17, 03:05 AM
Sometimes an SNRI works better with stimulants- at least it does for me.

hollywood
04-26-17, 12:25 AM
Snris definitely feel more level and normal for me as well. Prozac gave me insomnia

newsincerity
06-24-18, 10:27 AM
Interesting thread. I just switched to Prozac from Lexapro and noticed my anxiety has definitely increased.

The reason I switched to Prozac was because I felt Lexapro was making me a bit too sluggish.

I'll have to ask about exploring SNRI's next time I have an appointment. I did try Cymbalta once and had a terrible reaction and felt very sick, but that was many many years ago. Of the common SNRI's I'm looking up now, Effexor is the only other one that I've heard of.