View Full Version : People on Strattera, I have some questions!?

samilia
04-19-17, 05:51 AM
Hi,

So I was on Strattera in 2013 for over half a year and it was really a miracle med for me. Literally the difference was between night and day. But i had to go off it because it was $115 per box and because I had finished study i had no real need to be on it.

Anyways, just curious, when i was on it, within weeks of starting it, i remember feeling so bored!?! Like painfully bored which drove me insane. Does anyone else get this on Strattera? Im not sure if it was because the straterra took away my anxiety so i now no longer had anything to worrry about and a free head filled with boredom, or what, but i took up drinking (bad i know) because i couldnt stand to just be doing nothing. I constantly needed stimulation of any sort. So does strattera = boredom? Just wondering if im the only one. Maybe it was because i only on 60mg the whole time and needed more??

I ask this this because i started strattera again today and im fearing the boredom. I will be starting to study soon so i hope that will help.

:thankyou:

samilia
04-19-17, 07:04 AM
Also, did strattera help with your dermatillamania (complulsive skin picking) ?

lexmark10
04-20-17, 03:03 PM
Hi,

first of all, please consider this is my experience and does not mean you will experience the same ;)

Taking Strattera about 3 months these are the positive effects:

:) social anxiety is gone
:) able to work productively and effectively 8 hours a day
:) perceive "problems" clearly, able to solve them in no time

and the negative ones:

:umm1: little / none emotions, increasing over time
:umm1: bored / apathetic when not at work, increasing over time
:umm1: since last week, severe depression while the "mind" is crystal-clear.

At the moment i am looking for some extra medication to get better mood. I will talk to my doc about adding Methylphenidate or some SSRI Antidepressant. I already tried Wellbutrin (Bupropion, NDRI) with Strattera, which lead to being unable to drive a car due to anxiety and stress (so i stopped this experiment).

Also i will try to add Aniracetam, because this nootropic may raise mood a bit.
The first weeks on Stattera, Meditation was able to stabilize my mood. But now Strattera seems to nullify my Meditation.

tldr:
Give it a try, talk to your doc to start with a small dose (like 10 or 18mg) - most side effects appear because people starting on 40 mg or something like that. If you notice "dark" thoughts or side effetcs, talk to your doc about it. Consider to change medication if the negative effects outweigh the positive effects.

samilia
04-21-17, 01:33 AM
Hi,

first of all, please consider this is my experience and does not mean you will experience the same ;)

Taking Strattera about 3 months these are the positive effects:

:) social anxiety is gone
:) able to work productively and effectively 8 hours a day
:) perceive "problems" clearly, able to solve them in no time

and the negative ones:

:umm1: little / none emotions, increasing over time
:umm1: bored / apathetic when not at work, increasing over time
:umm1: since last week, severe depression while the "mind" is crystal-clear.

At the moment i am looking for some extra medication to get better mood. I will talk to my doc about adding Methylphenidate or some SSRI Antidepressant. I already tried Wellbutrin (Bupropion, NDRI) with Strattera, which lead to being unable to drive a car due to anxiety and stress (so i stopped this experiment).

Also i will try to add Aniracetam, because this nootropic may raise mood a bit.
The first weeks on Stattera, Meditation was able to stabilize my mood. But now Strattera seems to nullify my Meditation.

tldr:
Give it a try, talk to your doc to start with a small dose (like 10 or 18mg) - most side effects appear because people starting on 40 mg or something like that. If you notice "dark" thoughts or side effetcs, talk to your doc about it. Consider to change medication if the negative effects outweigh the positive effects.

Hi, thanks for your reply..
Yes, i have been on Strattera before, i just rmemebe rfeeling so bored, and i just wondered how common that as and why? I cant say it made me feel no emtoions though. I felt all of my emotions, happy sad, etc, i just found myself extremly bored when i wasnt doing something. Drive me nuts. I guess because i was so preoccupied with panic attacks before strattera that whenbi started it the panic went away and in my spare time i actually had nothing to do/worry about. Straterra removed all of my panic attacks from about week 4 onwards.

=)