View Full Version : 2nd ADHD assessment in less than 48 hours. Wish me luck.

Yossioo
04-22-17, 09:53 AM
I'm also being tested for Aspergers. It will be a two hour long assessment.

I've done my best with the doctors questionnaires,and I've answered them all honestly and fairly.

Wish me luck,all.

sarahsweets
04-23-17, 07:37 AM
I did not know there were 2 hour tests for asbergers.

Yossioo
04-23-17, 08:22 AM
Atleast in the U.K. yeah

PinkPanther25
04-23-17, 08:27 AM
Mine wasnt 2 hours long

Cyllya
04-24-17, 05:40 PM
Good luck!

I had an autism assessment that was about 4.5 hours. I think two hours is how long the Autism Diagnostic Observation Scale (ADOS) takes. In my assessment, there was the ADOS plus other stuff like discussion, short IQ test, and a form for my mom to fill out, but they could do that in a separate appointment. If they are assessing you for multiple things, most of that stuff is applicable to all of it.

Yossioo
04-25-17, 02:12 AM
The diagnosis was ADHD and Aspergers. So now I have been diagnosed with ADHD twice.

DJ Bill
04-25-17, 10:20 AM
Glad to hear you got the results....now to formulate a strategy to deal with them. (Once you know what the plan is, I'd like to hear what they have suggested, I'm unofficially Asperger's but Officially ADHD -PI )

tearsong
04-27-17, 08:23 PM
I did not know there were 2 hour tests for asbergers.

Mine wasnt 2 hours long

It depends on how thorough they were being. If it was a neuropsych battery, like mine was, it would take far longer than 2 hours. (Mine was about 8 or 9 hours, testing for ASD and ADHD, but we were also looking for ways to inform educational accommodations. Testing included the WAIS (IQ), WIAT (achievement), IVA, D-KEFS, IVA, TOMAL, the Wisconson Sorting Test, and a few more that I'm forgetting.) Some of the 300+ question rating scales can take awhile, plus the interview, and any other tests they wish to give to inform either diagnosis (e.g., administering the Delis-Kaplan Executive Functioning System to inform or give evidence toward a diagnosis of ADHD (and/or ASD, since both have issues with executive functioning)), etc.

I think two hours is how long the Autism Diagnostic Observation Scale (ADOS) takes. In my assessment, there was the ADOS plus other stuff like discussion, short IQ test, and a form for my mom to fill out, but they could do that in a separate appointment. If they are assessing you for multiple things, most of that stuff is applicable to all of it.

The ADOS should only be about 40-60 minutes according to the publishers (WPS), though other places (e.g. Hogrefe publishing) say 35-40 minutes.