View Full Version : Naturopathy

CamilleS
04-21-17, 02:56 PM
[Moderator Note: This discussion was split from another thread (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101741) so as not to derail the original thread.]

Why do I have the feeling that if vitamins and exercise and eating healthy "cures" your SCT/ADHD then you do not actually have any of these mental disorders? Call me an ornery ******* but people with a true condition will not be helped by homeopathic or holistic "remedies". By suggesting b.s. can "cure" a mental condition are you not preventing a person from finding an actual medication from helping somebody? Put it this way...If a large percent of population can get by life by eating/drinking Mcdonalds and beer then what is so different about people with true ADHD/SCT that eating **** makes them feel like ****? Holistic and homeopathic "medicine" are prolonging the suffering period of people who actually have some kind of mental condition. You can try (as I have many times) diet and exercise, but realize that if you need glasses to see properly, then get glasses. I am all for something that might make you feel better for two weeks but for long term is going to work?
Re: " but people with a true condition will not be helped by homeopathic or holistic "remedies". I could not disagree more. What do you think medications are made from? Yes, herbs, plants etc etc... Naturopath medicine is certainly not hocus pocus, it is a more natural, and most often much safer alternative than chemically engineered and altered herbs and plants. Please don't tell people who use natural medicine that they don't have a disorder.. that is ridiculous and way out of bounds!

sarahsweets
04-23-17, 07:36 AM
Re: " but people with a true condition will not be helped by homeopathic or holistic "remedies". I could not disagree more. What do you think medications are made from? Yes, herbs, plants etc etc... Naturopath medicine is certainly not hocus pocus, it is a more natural, and most often much safer alternative than chemically engineered and altered herbs and plants. Please don't tell people who use natural medicine that they don't have a disorder.. that is ridiculous and way out of bounds!

There is no such thing as Naturopath medicine.

CamilleS
04-27-17, 08:06 AM
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct system of primary health care that emphasizes prevention and the self-healing process through the use of natural therapies.

dvdnvwls
04-27-17, 02:33 PM
Well, that's what so-called naturopaths will tell you.

An astrologer will also tell you that astrology is a legitimate branch of science, and the guy in the alley will tell you it's a real Birkin bag, but you have to use your judgment and figure out that none of those three people is telling the truth.