View Full Version : Traveling ickiness

Fuzzy12
04-24-17, 05:03 PM
I absolutely love traveling but I hate the not staying at home bit.

Just a general feeling of disgust about using someone else's belongings. Of course some accommodations accommodations are worse than others but even seemingly spotless hotels gross me out a bit. I wish I could just do day trips to everywhere in the world from my home. I'd still have to put up with the nightmare that is public toilets but at least I could sleep in my own clean bed (or rather my bed with only my dirt).

Can anyone relate? Any advice? Quickly please I'm so disgusted right now I just want to go home.

Little Missy
04-24-17, 06:12 PM
I absolutely love traveling but I hate the not staying at home bit.

Just a general feeling of disgust about using someone else's belongings. Of course some accommodations accommodations are worse than others but even seemingly spotless hotels gross me out a bit. I wish I could just do day trips to everywhere in the world from my home. I'd still have to put up with the nightmare that is public toilets but at least I could sleep in my own clean bed (or rather my bed with only my dirt).

Can anyone relate? Any advice? Quickly please I'm so disgusted right now I just want to go home.

Yes! I hate hotels and/or staying at someone else's home. :eyebrow:

My dad said he purposely made our home and yard his vacationland so that he never had to leave because nowhere else would ever be as lovely as home.

salleh
04-25-17, 04:51 PM
.... A word of advise ....when you go to a public house...( hotel, motel, whatever) ....the first thing you do is take the bedspread off .....that is only changed occasionally ....but any halfway decent place changes the sheets .....so you know you have a clean surface to lay or sit on .....

...bring disposable cups and such for staying out of your house ....I hate tiny soaps ...so I bring shower stuff with me ...and washclothes ....if you're driving and have enough room you could even bring your own towels ....shower slippers....and easy to step into slippers for walking around the room ....

....Basically you might try to keep something of yours between you and public surfaces...and then you can relax and enjoy yourself ....

Traveler5
04-25-17, 06:13 PM
Fuzzy, I'm a germaphobe. Have been ever since I was a little kid and it runs in my family -- my mom was worse than me. I like to travel a lot as well, hence my forum nickname. But the desire to travel and see and do new things outweighs my germaphobia. I just take precautions at the places I'm staying like removing the bedspread and never, ever letting my bare feet touch the hotel floor. I wear my shoes in the room until it's time to crawl into bed to sleep or take a shower. I also bring sanitizer wipes to wipe down the TV remote, door knobs, toilet seat, refrigerator handle, whatever. I never sit on the room furniture (except the bed) unless I have to and I always bring plastic cups to drink from. I also stay at hotel chains that I deem to be fairly clean and well kept. It may cost extra money to do this but it's worth the peace of mind.

Little Missy
04-25-17, 06:48 PM
Yes! I hate hotels and/or staying at someone else's home. :eyebrow:

My dad said he purposely made our home and yard his vacationland so that he never had to leave because nowhere else would ever be as lovely as home.

I have employed the same methods in my own life.

I do not go anywhere, I don't feel the need to. :)