View Full Version : Generic Adderall IR, best manufacturers

JustAHedgehog
04-25-17, 08:44 AM
Hi, newly prescribed adderall ER and will be getting a booster for my late night classes and would like to know which manufacturer is closest to the brand adderall IR? Thanks

sarahsweets
04-25-17, 09:29 AM
Hi, newly prescribed adderall ER and will be getting a booster for my late night classes and would like to know which manufacturer is closest to the brand adderall IR? Thanks

There really isn't brand name IR anymore. Duramed acquired the Adderall IR rights from Shire. Duramed was acquired by Barr, who was then acquired by Teva. Teva is (mainly) a generic medication manufacturer.
(copied and pasted from another older post)
Essentially, there is no brand name IR.

salleh
04-25-17, 04:13 PM
IN my experience ....Teva and Impax are the only 2 that seem to work ....lots of complaints about the others ( and there's at least 4 more manufacturers of the IR) ...and some about those 2 but not nearly as many ....

ask for them by name ....I spent 2 days phoning around to find Teva ....I can get the Impax in MIchigan but not in the Bay area of California ....

good luck

Little Missy
04-25-17, 04:18 PM
Corepharma work. Forever :eek: But the dry mouth makes me want to put a bullet in my head.

I'm going back to Teva.

clarendon
04-26-17, 05:10 AM
I have noticed differences between generic brands of Adderal. [I've never tried "real" Adderall, since my insurance won't pay for it.] It didn't occur to me that the differences could be significant, but one time the tablets I got at Costco felt like placebos -- no effect at all. Then I found out the pharmacy had changed generics. Oh. It matters.
I switched to Safeway. The generic is SHIR. Everything was fine for several months. But the tablets in the bottle I just picked up feel like they are about half the strength of the last ones. Also, they are pale pink instead of bright pink. I checked and it was SHIR as well. Does anyone have information about this lab? Could different batches be different strengths?