View Full Version : Things are Finally Coming Together ....

salleh
04-25-17, 03:55 PM
......I have been the busiest little camper this past month .....got home to California about 5 weeks ago, and did a bunch of stuff, but things got serious last week, Mike went out of town, with perfect timing, as I had to get my storeroom/workroom/ and almost a bedroom in order for the coming months of shows .....it was chaotic to say the very least .....

....when he's gone I get to put lots of stuff in to rest of the house so that I can get to my shelves to re-organize ......my room is basically just shelves all the way around ...floor to almost ceiling, the only breaks being the door to get in, my bed and 2/3 of a bay window .....

here's 2/3 of the wall with the metal shelves I put in last November ....

( OK< I would really like to post of photo, and I uploaded them to Photobucket, but when I click on the right link ....instead of going yellow, and saying "copied" ...it just turns blue like it was a regular link ....and it doesn't work ....

HELP !

....anyway ....I had photos to share ....but seem to have lost the knowledge of how to do so .....

....but I did get my room organized ....as much as possible with the amount of stuff I have to store ......

....and this coming month is going to be frantic, but in a good way I hope .....4 out of the 5 coming weekends are taken by 2 day shows ...including 2 of the big shows I am trying out for the first time .....these shows cost nearly $200 to enter, and they also want 10 to 15 % of your total take at the end of the show .....I've been taking my jewelry to my regular shows, and building a following there, with great results, and last year I did a few of the smaller shows, and did the San Francisco Street Artist thing a few times ....but these big shows are a huge step up ...they are the kind you can go home with thousands of dollars instead of hundreds .....

.....I've been working on making my stuff look better, and presenting them in their best light ....the booths at these big shows are works of art in themselves, people spend a lot of time and money on them ....something I am not all that good at ....I can make individual things look fabulous, but putting them all together to look their best .....not so much ....but I am getting there step by step .....and while my booth won't come up to the standards of the highest ones, I feel that I have achieved modest success in having something that will at least look pulled together...haven't spent a lot, but you have to have table clothes that fall to the ground ( you can hide your boxes and such under them....booths have to look presentable, nothing hanging around cluttering up the place ....and umbrellas and canopies, and stuff to bring your work up to different eye levels and such ....

....I am really excited about my latest idea ....everything else has a way to display it ....but the 3 piece sets of Pendants and Earrings were driving me crazy on how to display them .....there really isn't anything on the market, or on pinterest or in craft show sites .....and then 3 days ago, I was in Michaels and found little wooden frames, no glass, but they could stand up using a little dowel they supplied ( you just stick it in the hole on the back) ...and the light bulb went off ! ....I cut black foamcore board to fit, cut 2 slits in the top of the core, and hung the pendant from those, and I cut off Tpins and used those to hold the earrings on either side ...and the best thing is ....the frames are a buck apiece ! ...and about 30 cents of foamcore.....I'll include the frame when someone buys the set ....they look pretty sharp too !

...In the overall scheme of things .....this is pretty small potatoes .....but I put the same amount of energy that I did in putting together the antique store I had for 3 years, and into being a photographer .....even though it's a much smaller operation than the other 2 ....( I did get a BFA for the photographer career !) it's been a case of not so much money into this endeavor, as hard work .....I certainly couldn't have gotten this far with the backing of my friend Janet ...she has been a pip in all this ....

....When I am in MIchigan in the winter making the stock for the coming season .....she gets each and every piece shoved under her nose ...to "see" the latest work......

...But the biggest thing that enabled me to do this is my pdoc.....I've had the same one for about 5 years now, and he gives me the correct amount of meds, and I have a pharmacy who know me now, so no games there, ....so having a steady doc and meds supply means I can chug along without having to stop and play the find a doc, and get the meds game

Ain't NONE of this possible without having the medical support I get from him ....

Fuzzy12
04-25-17, 05:11 PM
I always love reading descriptions of your work and especially jow you yo about it like organising everything for the shows etc. It sounds so exciting but also super difficult. Glad it's all.all coming together :grouphug: