View Full Version : ng/mL levels

HAL9000
04-25-17, 03:57 PM
Hey all,

So I've been taking adderall for about 3 years now, and I've been at 20mg XR (once a day) for 2 years. I'm coming up on my next doctor's appointment. Last time she said that the government is cracking down, and so I'll have to be tested to "make sure I'm not selling them."

Sometimes I like to take a break for a day or two. I just recently came across this whole ng/mL thing. I don't really understand what it means, and I'm not very math savvy, but it got me curious.

Say I didn't take my prescription for about a week for whatever reason. and started up ten to eleven days before my drug test. Would it reflect the amount of time that I took the break? Like would it raise a flag?

I understand their are many things that factor into these levels (metabolism, etc.), and please keep the answers light. Like I said, I'm not very math/science savvy. Otherwise I'd probably now the answer by now.

-HAL

Greyhound1
04-25-17, 08:19 PM
I think you will be fine. Amphetamines won't build up over time in your system or stay that long. They usually are excreted and undetectable after 3-5 days maybe less I believe on a urinalysis drug screening.

Taking them as prescribed until your test should show the proper levels in your system. I would be sure to discuss with your Dr. that you occasionally take medication holidays. I would probably also bring my unused meds. to verify your story and provide credibility.

Good luck with it and welcome to the forum!

PaulCamR
04-25-17, 09:58 PM
You should ask your doctor if you can bring your current medication with you.

Example: You fill 30 days. After 30 days, you've taken 25. You have 5 left. You go to get tested. You show you have 5 left.

I certainly hope this wouldn't be an issue... I don't take my medication daily. I cannot afford to. And I would think your doctor can include information in notes about permission to take breaks -- as mentioned above.