View Full Version : Exchanging Generics

TomCat101
04-26-17, 05:23 AM
Hey all,

I have been on the CorePharma IR 20 for what seems like forever. I went to pharmacy today, and they gave me the Mallinckrodt one, and I had no idea until I got home.

Do pharmacies allow people to exchange by chance?

Thanks!

BlackWarrior
04-26-17, 11:30 AM
I'm not too sure but its dependent on the pharmacy. I believe most will allow a return within 24 hours. Which pharmacy was this?

BlueCola
04-26-17, 08:36 PM
Best practice, pharmacies should not accept returned medications, it is illegal for them to put it back on their shelves. You would have to talk to the store about an exchange, but it is at their discretion.

mentalfloss
05-06-17, 09:37 PM
I wish I had known this four days ago. It may not be too late to exchange the rest of my script, but it probably is. Today is Saturday and on Tuesday I went to the same pharmacy I always use. When I got home I noticed that instead of the Corepharma generic tablets that I'm used to, I received a script by a generic company that I had never heard of, Aurolife. I had a feeling that they weren't going to work. I've been through this before when my pharmacy switched from Teva generic Adderall to Corepharma generic Adderall. I couldn't stand the Corepharma at first and they weren't nearly as bad as these Aurolife tablets. With the Corepharma tablets, it was like my system just needed a few days to adjust to the new generic. It's been four days since I filled these Aurolife tablets and that hasn't happened but maybe it will.

I feel like I'm taking a completely different drug altogether. They make me feel like I need to eat. I guess you could say they irritate my stomach. I feel a little shaky as well. Basically they make me feel like crap. I can't understand how going from one generic company to another can be so noticeable. Drastically different. I'm going to have my pharmacist put something on my file that says, "Check with patient before filling Adderall prescription with a different generic other than Corepharma or Teva."

It's frustrating to think then I have to put up with these crappy Aurolife tablets for the rest of the month. Good thing I don't have anything too stressful scheduled for this month. I am grateful however that my health problems could be much much worse.

Good luck to anyone else having the same problem.

sarahsweets
05-07-17, 09:52 AM
You can always take the unused meds to your doctor and explain that you would like a new script and see if you can pay out of pocket for it. I did this once and my doc has a lab that disposes of unused meds if need be. I took them back to her because I wanted to make sure this wasnt some scheme and I like to maintain trust. On the new script she wrote "ok to fill" and I explained it to the pharmacy.

Little Missy
05-07-17, 10:15 AM
It is never too late to exchange a prescription.