View Full Version : Chantix is awesome! Especially with Vyvanse!

AcctUhd456
04-29-17, 04:06 PM
I've been having trouble quitting smoking since 2012 or 2013 and have tried Allen Carr easyway method, nicotine gum, electronic cigarettes,nicotine lozenges, tobacco dip(eww),cold turkey quitting, cutting down quitting,Wellbutrin XL.

I have been taking Chantix the last 8 weeks and quit on day 9. Really you won't feel like smoking in the first few days since it is a nicotine blocker plus gives you nicotine or something like that,please correct me if you know.

There are 2 guaranteed side effects that you will have and that is vivid dreams and nausea if you don't take the pill immediately after eating. The vivid dreams took me over 4 or 5 weeks to get accustomed to if I have them as they were shocking when I woke up lol. The nausea, well I was being stupid sometimes and took it by itself cause I went somewhere and wouldn't have food, and basically felt like I was going to throw up evertime I do that. I take it after meals only now cause I had the vomiting sensation and burning stomache.

So yea its similar to Wellbutrin XL for me except no anxiety,no inner restless sensation, no "dopmaine" moodlift, no insomnia. Pretty much I like Chantix way better than Wellbutrin XL.

Guys what I've noticed about being a non-smoker for 1.5 months is that its not so marvelous or great. Its just that being a smoker SUCKS. When I had trouble quitting I assumed that one day when I would be a non-smoker I'm supposed to feel different and a changed new person. Thats not how it is. You're just quitting a chemical addiction. You're still YOU.You're personality is still in tact.You're just more confident,energetic,happy,less stressed,have more money,don't lie as much(haha),people like you more,etc. BUT YOU ARE STILL YOU.

Don't take my post for granted. I don't know what the future holds for me and my addiction or how long I'm supposed to be on these pills.

Peace.

phlylady
04-29-17, 04:19 PM
Just be careful. Chantix made me disassociative and contemplate self-harm. One night I laid in bed and wondered what it would be like to just go in the kitchen and start stabbing myself in the stomach with a butcher knife. I woke my partner and asked him to make sure I didn't get out of bed. Scared me to death. Good job with the quit!

sarahsweets
04-30-17, 06:03 AM
You didnt explain my Chantix and vyvance together is so wonderful.