View Full Version : Managing people

spacecadet8
05-01-17, 10:31 AM
Hi,

I'm in the process of getting a diagnosis for what I think is ADD.
I started badly paid job this past month where I have to manage 3 people - 2 of whom are a pair of uppity, *****y ladies who are about 20 years older than me.

I am finding it hard to take in all the induction information and the details that they tell me. Its absolute hell - I have no idea if I am about to say something wrong and appear like I dont care about what they are saying.

I feel like I should NEVER manage people.
Is that a common feeling for people with ADD?

Little Missy
05-01-17, 12:07 PM
I know I wouldn't want to manage anyone. I can barely manage myself.

stef
05-01-17, 02:18 PM
I know I wouldn't want to manage anyone. I can barely manage myself.

same! i have trouble enough figuring out instructions; if i also had to give them out, it would be a total disaster.
i really work best on my own, as i do things in a stange order.
fortunately the one person i work with on things sometimes has " opposite" skills than I do, and always offers to do the things i don't like.

snjyds
05-02-17, 11:43 PM
same! i have trouble enough figuring out instructions;
You can always record your conversations, or as I frequently do, clarify what you understood through an email.

weswes
05-03-17, 06:16 PM
Hi,

I'm in the process of getting a diagnosis for what I think is ADD.
I started badly paid job this past month where I have to manage 3 people - 2 of whom are a pair of uppity, *****y ladies who are about 20 years older than me.

I am finding it hard to take in all the induction information and the details that they tell me. Its absolute hell - I have no idea if I am about to say something wrong and appear like I dont care about what they are saying.

I feel like I should NEVER manage people.
Is that a common feeling for people with ADD?

I don't feel I should be in management positions either. I have tended to be a little moody and less organized, which are probably the antithesis of what a manager should be.

spacecadet8
05-05-17, 02:35 PM
OK so I really am putting myself through hell then - i thought so. I keep thinking I must be lazy or just a terrible person. Today i missed a workshop i really wanted to go to and i'm just devastated .. i have no idea what i should do in life. it's thoroughly depressing.