View Full Version : Vyvanse + Wellbutrin: What time of the day do you take it?

Gwynnether
05-05-17, 02:11 PM
Hi all,

For those of you who take Vyvanse + Wellbutrin, I wanted to ask: At what time during the day do you take which medication? What works best for you?

I'm currently on 50mg Vyvanse + 150mg Wellbutrin.

My psychiatrist said not to take the two at the same time (although I'm not sure why). I'm reluctant to take it at noon/afternoon because I heard it makes you drowsy. So I took it before bed, figuring, as long as I'm already asleep I'll be fine... but you won't be surprised to hear that I had a very sleepless night, haha.

Do you guys have any recommendations at what times I should take the meds to get the best results with the least possible side effects? :D

Thank you!

sarahsweets
05-06-17, 06:01 AM
I dont understand why you cant take both in the morning. What did he say would happen if you did?

Gwynnether
05-06-17, 11:19 AM
He didn't actually explain, he just said I shouldn't? :D

Arei
05-07-17, 09:44 PM
Actually both are stimulating, so you really should take both in the morning. Why he would tell you that is beyond me.

I was just added Wellbutrin XL to my cocktail the other day (I take Vyvanse 60mg already) and was told to definitely take it before noon and to watch out because it might be overpowering to take with the Vyvanse. Its been fine the last 3 days for me (Vyvanse doesn't cause me to crash/give me insomnia anyway), but Wellbutrin XL is definitely stimulating and meant to be taken in the AM, as is Vyvanse (an actual stimulant).

Neither of those should be taken in the evening if you want to sleep O_O

dvdnvwls
05-07-17, 10:56 PM
Vyvanse is morning, no question. If you have a split dose of Vyvanse, even the second dose should be around noon. I know nothing about wellbutrin.