View Full Version : My pharmacy changed from Corepharma to Aurolife and I hate it. Anyone else?

mentalfloss
05-06-17, 11:18 PM
I've been taking 2 30mg Adderall IR tabs since June 2010. Over the last 7 years almost, I've taken the following generics: Barr/Teva, Teva, Sandoz, and Corepharma. For the past 4 years or so, I've been taking Corepharma with very few complaints, if any. Every time my pharmacy changed its generic Adderall company, I had a hard time with it. Some changes were harder than others, but none of those past changes have been as bad as this latest one.

On Tuesday May 2nd of this year, I took a script to the pharmacy that I've been using for the last year and they filled my script with a generic I had never heard of, Aurolife. On the prescription label it only said Auro as the manufacturer. So I went online and found out the full name of the company is Aurolife. I've seen some people call it Aurobindo. All I know is I had a bad feeling as soon as I opened the bottle. Rarely do these generic changes result in a happy ending. But I was hopeful.

My bad feeling was confirmed about an hour or two after I took one 30mg tablet. It was like nothing was "on board." I could barely sense the combination of amphetamine salts in my system. I felt light-headed. I had a headache. And I was constantly hungry! I just felt like crap, and still do. In the past, whenever I had to suffer a change in the generic company, I usually ended up feeling okay after a few days of being on the new generic. It was as if my body had to get used to the different formulation. I don't suppose any of you can relate to that last sentence. If you can, please feel free to share your experience(s) with me.

I am wondering what you can share with me about this Aurolife generic company's Adderall IR. I am also wondering how there can be such drastic differences between two generic companies when they're producing the same drug! I don't notice any big differences when I get a different generic for my other prescriptions. Why is it so overwhelmingly noticeable with Adderall IR?

dvdnvwls
05-07-17, 12:48 AM
I don't take Adderall, but I can tell you from lots of forum reading that everyone agrees Adderall generics are different from each other.

What they don't seem to agree on is which ones are better or worse. :)

sarahsweets
05-07-17, 09:48 AM
I dont have experience with that generic but your only bet would be to see if they can order a specific brand for you.

mentalfloss
05-16-17, 11:21 PM
After I made my initial post about my dissatisfaction with the Aurolife generic, I didn't check back to see what people had to say because it was almost like my system was getting used to them like it had with the Corepharma generic years earlier. But I was wrong. So now I've come to the realization that I should've said something to my doctor as soon as I noticed a difference, which was the first day. Instead of doing that, I've been taking 1 1/2 or 2 tablets when I should only be taking 1. I can get a refill but not until the 31st of this month and it's still the 16th where I am, and I have 10 left. That's enough to last me 5 days if I take two each day, which I'm not going to be able to do. My doctor usually dates my scripts 28 days apart but this time he put the refill on the 31st and I saw him on the 2nd. For those who are counting, that's 29 days.

I would make an appointment with him and explain what happened but I don't have insurance and it costs $100 for an appointment plus another $55 or so to fill them. I guess I could call his office and tell them what happened but I have a feeling they would tell me to hang in there until the 31st, as if I'm drug-seeking. I'm drug-seeking alright! I'm seeking the drug that does what it's supposed to do instead of making me feel like crap. So yeah, I'm drug-seeking babay!!

I still wonder how there can be so much difference between two generic prescriptions. Doesn't seem right whatsoever. Thanks for letting me vent a little bit. I'll be okay.

BlackWarrior
05-17-17, 01:56 AM
After I made my initial post about my dissatisfaction with the Aurolife generic, I didn't check back to see what people had to say because it was almost like my system was getting used to them like it had with the Corepharma generic years earlier. But I was wrong. So now I've come to the realization that I should've said something to my doctor as soon as I noticed a difference, which was the first day. Instead of doing that, I've been taking 1 1/2 or 2 tablets when I should only be taking 1. I can get a refill but not until the 31st of this month and it's still the 16th where I am, and I have 10 left. That's enough to last me 5 days if I take two each day, which I'm not going to be able to do. My doctor usually dates my scripts 28 days apart but this time he put the refill on the 31st and I saw him on the 2nd. For those who are counting, that's 29 days.

I would make an appointment with him and explain what happened but I don't have insurance and it costs $100 for an appointment plus another $55 or so to fill them. I guess I could call his office and tell them what happened but I have a feeling they would tell me to hang in there until the 31st, as if I'm drug-seeking. I'm drug-seeking alright! I'm seeking the drug that does what it's supposed to do instead of making me feel like crap. So yeah, I'm drug-seeking babay!!

I still wonder how there can be so much difference between two generic prescriptions. Doesn't seem right whatsoever. Thanks for letting me vent a little bit. I'll be okay. Where do you plan on filling your next script now? I would suggest finding a mom and pop pharmacy because the only pharmacy that was carrying Corepharma was Rite-Aid. I believe all Rite-Aid chains switched from Corepharma to Aurobindo. Same with CVS. Walgreens still has Teva/Barr.

RobynHood
05-18-17, 10:30 AM
I heard that it was supposed to work the exact same way but it had little to no effects for me. I experienced new side effects such as severe headaches, sleepiness, nausea, and fatigue. My focus was not controlled and I felt the need to stay in bed all day for the past weeks (which I did because I did not feel well). I’ve been taking Corepharma for past 4 years but last month I received a batch of Aurobindo via Rite Aid. They’re a generic pharma company located in Hyderabad, India and already acquired form 483 warning letters from the FDA for not following certain regulations. Unfortunately, this occurred around my finals week and needless to say, it ruined my life a bit. I contacted the pharmacy who said they could special order Corepharma for me, but I’d have to get a new script from my doc. Luckily I was successful and also switched to CVS. I'm unsure of what the long term side effects are, but I highly recommend to stop taking them.

mentalfloss
07-29-17, 07:40 PM
After that one month's prescription of Aurobindo I have since changed pharmacies. It seems that all of the locally owned/independent pharmacies are carrying that crappy Aurobindo. And that's a shame, because I would much rather do business with the pharmacy owned by a friend of mine and his wife. He understands. I still get my other meds at his place.

I hope that junk gets yanked off the market. For the first time in years I received some Teva generic 30mg IRs. They're a little different than I remember but not much. I've been taking Corepharma for years, and the Teva seem to be a little smoother. Maybe. All I know is I'm avoiding those Aurobindo generic tabs like the plague.

Synezthesia
08-02-17, 06:38 PM
Aurobindo & Mylan are both sad excuses for generic "equivalents" of Adderall.
They're both cheap to buy and that's why local pharmacies typically carry it, along with CVS and Rite-Aid who are just looking to save $$$.

Walgreens seems to be the last frontier of being able to guarantee yourself non-****ty generic Adderall IR tabs.

selby
08-07-17, 09:49 PM
YES I HATE IT!! My pharmacy (Safeway) switched to Aurobindo / Aurolife three months ago and it's been terrible since. I was on Impax before that, which was GREAT. This comedown is horrendous. I don't know where to find Impax anymore.