View Full Version : Overly Emotional

samisone
05-07-17, 05:33 PM
Hello,

I am overly emotional... I get overly excited, overly disappointed, and generally go from 0-60 with everything. I've tried meditation and have learned some coping strategies over the years. My emotionality causes problems in my relationships. I take adderall twice a day and that helps some. Is there a medication that I could talk to my Dr. about that would help with this?

Thank you!
Lindsey

dvdnvwls
05-07-17, 06:46 PM
Welcome to the forum!

And... Welcome to ADHD. :) Emotional dysregulation (too much, too little, wrong time) is part of what everyone with ADHD deals with. The Adderall is part of the solution for sure, and so is becoming as much aware of yourself as you can.

concentric
10-06-17, 08:25 AM
I was like you too. The smallest thing would trigger my emotions and I would cry too easily, for example if I was on the phone and a complication arose to which I would get frustrated or upset and would not be able to talk or think due to my emotions and crying. I take cymbalta and that is the only thing that has been able to help me with this. I have been so level-headed since taking it that I don't even recognise who I was before. Remarkably, it worked within a couple of days and I felt like I was able to function normally.