View Full Version : Just found out my friend died...

Laserbeak
05-09-17, 03:41 AM
He was a close friend in high school and college and I got him a job up here in NYC from Florida, but I soon after had to leave that place due to an injury but he seemed to do well there. But he married this girl who I didn't get along with at all but he was all subservient to, and we hardly ever talked again after he made me be his best man at the wedding!

Anyway, I don't really know how to feel. It's been years since i spoke to him, but at one time we were very close friends. And I have no idea why or how he died, his online obituary just said he died at home. 40-something year olds don't generally just drop dead, so there must be some more to the story, but I don't know if I'll ever find it out. His wife was a shady character, I wouldn't be surprised if I found out they were shooting heroin or something...

Fuzzy12
05-09-17, 03:51 AM
I'm so sorry. Maybe this isn't helpful but just feel what you feel. Mixed feelings are ok too. :grouphug:

Simargl
05-09-17, 04:01 AM
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

I learned about the passing of someone I cared about in a similar way. It's surreal and confusing. I held on to the good memories, which seems to have helped. I hope you're able to find the same peace.

Little Missy
05-09-17, 05:53 AM
My best guy friend just passed away also from, of all things, Cruetzfeld-Jakobs disease.

I've been vacillating between staring into space, imitating the dumb things we used to do together and remembering the fun.

Then another friend of his and I were making up elaborate schemes to go and take him from his sister's house as we had made promises to each other in case either one of us was terminal...then wondered what we'd do with him then.
The worst part is that they thought he'd be gone last summer so I sent Gardenias, our favourite Florida flowers. A little early...:eek:

I'm opting for remembering the fun.

I hope you find out what happened. Those vague obits drive me nuts.

stef
05-09-17, 06:10 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss :grouphug:

Little Missy
05-09-17, 06:23 AM

I meant to say this also. Sorry for the rambling.

midnightstar
05-09-17, 09:03 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss, Laser :grouphug:

Pilgrim
05-09-17, 09:40 AM

Me too.

aeon
05-09-17, 11:33 AM
Relationships never end, they just change in nature.

Though you had not spoken for some time, I am sorry that your relationship has changed in this way.

I know not his story, but his suffering has ended. We are all less his gifts, praise to his name, mercy to those he loved and who loved him.

My Heart to You,
Ian

Laserbeak
05-09-17, 02:40 PM
I found out from someone still working at the place we worked that he was on medical leave for a few months, so he must have had cancer or some other disease. He forwarded me the e-mail sent out to the IT staff and it has his current address, so I guess I'll send his wife a sympathy card.

finallyfound10
05-14-17, 11:29 AM
(((Laserbeak)))

I am sorry. A sympathy card for his wife would be very thoughtful of you.

peripatetic
05-14-17, 02:14 PM
deepest condolences on your loss. xx

Laserbeak
06-07-17, 10:54 PM
I found out he hanged himself in his basement, he must have been out for depression.

No idea why, he had two young kids, a great job, etc. His wife was a "female dog in heat" but he could have just divorced her!

Little Missy
06-07-17, 10:55 PM
I found out he hanged himself in his basement. No idea why, he had two young kids, a great job, etc. His wife was a "female dog in heat" but he could have just divorced her!

Oh dear, I am so sorry.

peripatetic
06-07-17, 11:02 PM
i'm so sorry, beak. people hang themselves for wider reasons than you might imagine. i can't really talk about it on the open forum, but it can be very complicated. it might never make sense. or, it might...and having all of the answers still means he's gone.

i know exactly why eshy hung himself. i know exactly why i've done things. "explanations" often fall short though. i know it's hard to cope with, though. i truly do. xx

psychopathetic
06-08-17, 12:40 AM
:(

(((((((Laser)))))))