View Full Version : What should I do?

Vutu77
05-12-17, 12:03 PM
I am now prescribed with 72 mg concerta. I have mainly gotten an ADD diagnosis for the pills in college, because last year, I felt in a major depression that made my concentration worst (teachers could tell I wasn't totally focused in class). I started to consume nicotine in grade 8th and coffee at grade 10th (4 medium black coffee per day before meds). Fortunately, while waiting for my diagnosis, I found someone who would sell me Adderall 25mg or Vyvanse 40mg.

After losing contacts a few months ago, I have microdosed with Crystal meth but I wasn't able to sleep for a day.

Now, my family doctor has sent to the province health insurance the cost coverage of Strattera, but they sent me a letter saying that I must first try methylphenidate and dextroamphetamine. When I showed that to my doctor, he said that it was just Ritalin -_-. He also didn't want to change my current medication cause he thinks exercice is the answer, but I was able to maintain regular exercice in high school, thanks to nicotine.

Anyway, now I am resorting on Vyvanse 50mg for finals, after recently finding out another contact. During last meeting, my doctor didn't want me to try new medications because of exams interference. He doesn't know that I consumed Vyvanse, Adderall and maybe nicotine,. I don't know how to bring this in front of the doctor, because that's something that can't be ignored. Should I instead get along with the doctor's advice?

peripatetic
05-13-17, 05:08 PM
greetings and welcome to the forums!

i'm writing in green because this is a moderator note.

and...i'm writing a moderator note so that everyone posting on this thread is aware of our medication guidelines and in hopes of keeping this thread in line with our policies. you can, of course, read them in full here: http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15842 the relevant portion for this thread reads:
In an effort to protect all who use these forums, no posts will be allowed that encourage or support the illegal or improper use of medication of any kind. We do not condone illegal or improper use and do not wish to be a source of information for people who would use medication this way. This includes talk about overdoses or O.D.'s.
the medication guideline in general can be summarised as follows: provided it isn't being glorified or encouraged, mentioning/referencing past illegal/misuse of medication or street substances is not in violation.

*however*
encouraging/supporting illegal/misuse of medication IS very much in violation.
NB: all unprescribed use of prescription medication constitutes illegal usage.

examples of what sorts of query/reply is and what is NOT allowed:
"i used to take twice my prescribed dosage" (NOT a violation)
"i used cocaine" (NOT a violation)
"i took twice my prescribed dosage and it was fantastic" (VIOLATION)
"what will help me "come down" after taking more than prescribed" (VIOLATION)
"you should take x% more than prescribed for maximum efficacy" (VIOLATION)

message me if there are questions. cheers and now back to the topic at hand...

Vutu77
06-08-17, 12:48 AM
Hi, may I know which part of my post is wrong?