View Full Version : Take Vyvanse on "date"?Male here

AcctUhd456
05-12-17, 10:49 PM
I was thinking of taking the weekend off from medication since I'm sleep deprived/moody/anxious from taking the med everyday the last 2-3 weeks or so.

I am more hyperactive without medication but I am more interesting, fun,outgoing,less serious than ON medication. Does anyone else notice this?It's like Vyvanse zones me out and I get bored of stuff around me but when I need to concentrate I can.

However I met the woman last sunday at the gym on medication so maybe that's the personality she suspects and is attracted to.On medication I can overanalyze sometimes..and the worst I can be sometimes dry in conversation because I'm like zoned out somewhat.BUT I do have a filter!! When not on medication I don't!!I don't want to be boring and predictable tomorrow as that's been on my mind all week because I really am the complete opposite.It's just been a while I hung out with a chick NOT on medication and haven't tested out how am ON medication when hanging out with attractive chick..

I don't want to try to "impress" her either I want to be normal self. Anyways cheers.

Johnny Slick
05-13-17, 02:10 AM
Hmm, really. I personally have found that I am *way* better at concentrating on what other people have to say and not being bored on Ritalin than off of it, but that's just me. Like, zoning out is for sure an ADHD behavior for me. There was a woman I was dating at the tail end of last year where the first date was kind of suuuuuuuuuuuper boring but the second one was far, far better, and the only real difference was the medication.

Your mileage may vary though...

finallyfound10
05-13-17, 12:27 PM
I'm a single woman and I vote for taking the medication. She met you while on it and said yes to a date so your personality on it can't be as bad as you think it is. I think that first dates make almost everyone a little hyper in a nervous way and we can talk too much and not have a filter so someone with ADHD who is not medicated can really mess up here. Just my opinion.

Also, kudos to you for actually asking a woman out and not just asking for her number and only text her. That's a big feat these days!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

AcctUhd456
05-15-17, 08:27 PM
I didn't actually go out on the date with her she rescheduled for Wednesday,if she flakes again I'm blocking her number although it will be awkward at the gym I go to which is where she works.

I am for sure taking the medication because I called her yesterday around 11:40 PM when my medication happened to be wearing off and we spoke for an hour however I had no filter and it was a disaster in short. This makes me now believe that I need to be on medication at all times when dating a potential future girlfriend or wife which makes me feel crazy to even imagine that.

Hopefully I can still fix it, if not than I can be optimistic about learning from mistakes I made.

Yea I'm 24 so I would rather be out with women instead of just texting them on the phone LOL.

ToneTone
05-15-17, 08:41 PM
Yes, unfortunately, it is easy to scare people early on ... They don't know us ... don't know how kind we are or open we are ... don't know our strengths, haven't bonded with us ...

So it's easy for them to be freaked out.

I'm definitely not showing any woman my room on the first few dates ... as much as I would love to ...

Tone

Johnny Slick
05-15-17, 11:35 PM
Is there any reason in particular you want to block her if she skips a second attempt? I mean, sure, I can understand where you just don't want to interact with someone who's not that into you, but in my opinion you'd be better served by saying, if she does try to keep texting you after that, you just say "hey, look, you're obviously a very busy person. You're [insert genuine compliment here] but I don't think this is going to work." No harm, no foul, no further awkwardness necessarily.

On the other hand if you think you will obsess over it and text her back when she doesn't want it, then yeah, a little awkwardness at the gym is better than creeping on someone (and I say that without judgement; sometimes people just do stuff that makes a part of us not behave well, and if you think you might do something bad it's good to stay out ahead of that).

sarahsweets
05-16-17, 03:04 AM
A lot of times when you feel the way you do, its because the dose of your medication is too high or in some cases its the wrong medication.

RextheDog
05-16-17, 12:38 PM
If you in any way, after say three or four dates, feel like this thing might last a long time (or forever?) - my advice isn't about whether or not to take the meds - it's about how to be honest with someone before things go too far and they find out later - and you potentially find out they can't handle it. Or don't want to handle it. Whether you take the meds or don't, I wouldn't let it go too far before I explained to her that you have ADHD, and what ADHD is, if necessary.

AcctUhd456
05-17-17, 01:08 AM
Yesterday she said no on her"reschedule" . She went on to basically explain theres an "age gap" between us and she doesn't want to take it any further than 2 people who go to same gym. This "age gap" is only 18 months. I think she is disinterested after calling her off medication on sunday night and I had no filter saying the most dumbest things and was kind of mean.However I blocked her. Saw her at the gym this morning and was gossiping about her to a down to earth chick on the machine next to me that I met in the sauna a couple weeks ago. It sucks that I have to accept being rejected.But it is what it is. I got lead on and she only gave me her number to make things go smoothly for her shift and a gym member.

I wouldn't want to tell a woman I'm interested in that I have ADHD. That stays between me and my immediate family.

Johnny Slick
05-17-17, 08:25 AM
If you in any way, after say three or four dates, feel like this thing might last a long time (or forever?) - my advice isn't about whether or not to take the meds - it's about how to be honest with someone before things go too far and they find out later - and you potentially find out they can't handle it. Or don't want to handle it. Whether you take the meds or don't, I wouldn't let it go too far before I explained to her that you have ADHD, and what ADHD is, if necessary.

Yeah, I think the 3rd or 4th date is the approximate right time to disclose this stuff. Before that, you're auditioning for each other and you want to present the best side of yourself. To the OP, I'm sorry that things didn't work out, and I agree that the "age gap" is a lame excuse (I'm in my early 40s and commonly date people several years younger than me). I'd go on to say that your assessment about the blurting stuff is probably right, too, and if nothing else you've got valuable information for future dates (i.e. take your meds!).

Otherwise, regarding disclosure, at this point, yeah, there's probably no reason to disclose anything more since she's just an acquaintance, but hey, you never know. Maybe at some point down the line you'll happen to gossip about something or someone that causes / allows you to slip in the info about your condition. I've been starting to get a bit freer about discussing the condition with folks, in part because of the hobby I'm pursuing (acting), but also in part because it does seem like the vast majority of the people I talk about this to are sympathetic. And, well, the ones who aren't are usually the ones I knew in advance wouldn't be.