View Full Version : ADD Symptom

ibocan4423
05-15-17, 01:18 PM
Hello Everyone ,

First of all I wanna talk about a symptom I am experiencing; I know I am alive and I can sense and percieve the things around me but I feel like I am not here.I mean this is like a dream but I know it is not. When I pinch myself I can feel the pain but still I can escape this perception. Please tell me if this is a symptom of ADD. Because as I told below I am afraid of different psychological problems. If this is ADD symptom I'll be soothed.Below is my little medication process.

I was diagnosed with ADHD at my primary school years and now I'm 23.I have been dealing with stress,anxiety,fears and a little bit OCD since giving up on Ritalin about 12 years ago.There is no limit to my fears and anxieties. Before begining university I thought I could not afford such a miserable psychology and went to a psychiatrist. When I told him about my anxieties he prescribed me Risperdal. I have been on Risperdal(first 2mg now 1mg) for almost 5 years. When I read the prescription I got terrified by the diseases which it is used for.

Thanks in advance.

aur462
05-15-17, 08:11 PM
No, it doesn't sound like ADHD. Perhaps it's this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization

Pihlaja
05-16-17, 06:17 AM
For me depersonalisation was a symptom of depression.

Lunacie
05-16-17, 12:03 PM
:goodpost: Depression is one of the possible side effects of Risperdal.

Talk to your doctor about how you feel, he or she may add an anti-depressant
to your treatment.

BricksAreHeavy
05-28-17, 03:04 PM
This could definitely be the result of risperdal. I was on it for a brief period of time but went off of it because I felt like a totally different person. It was actually eerie.

peripatetic
05-28-17, 10:00 PM
how long has this been happening? have you not received a formal diagnosis apart from adhd as a kid?