View Full Version : New to Dex and ADD

agdp01
05-15-17, 03:51 PM
Hi all,
I've only just been diagnosed with inattentive ADD at the age of 40.
I've pretty much suspected it for a few years now and upon reflection have had it all my life.
I've been put on Dexamphetamines and told to take the following doses.

Day 1: 5mg morning - 5mg 4-5 hours later
Day 2: 10mg morning - 5mg 4-5 hours later
Day 3: 10mg morning - 10mg 4-5 hours later
Day 4: play around to get right dose. Ie: 2-1-1 or 2-2-1.

Just completed day 4 and I think I'll stick with 2-2 as I just feel I'm rushing the dose up too quick?

Night one I didn't sleep until 2am and I'm a 9pm bed guy. Been fine last 3 nights although I'm awake at 5am this morning but I'm normally up at 5:30-6am.

I feel a little sporadic at the moment, although maybe a bit more focused as in I still drift off when someone talks to me but not as much and when I do drift off I seem to be able to hear them while focusing on what I've drifted off too if that makes sense.

Also I feel a little paranoid that my work colleagues are going to notice as I've definitely got a bit of a kick in the morning and feel I'm talking faster (not sure if I really am though).
I've worked every day since starting the meds so looking forward to a day off so the wife can observe my behaviours on the meds.

I'm also seeing my GP this week about my blood pressure. I'm normally around 145/85 which is hereditary (I'm fit and a healthy eater) but the meds have put me up to 165/95.
The plan was for me to go on BP meds on next visit to GP but as I've now started Dexamphetamine prescribed by the phycologist will that be an issue for BP meds?
Obviously GP referred me to Phycologist so the visit will also be to review that.

Also my heart rate has increased from resting at 51bpm to 62bpm.

I think that's it for now. Would love as much feedback as possible on the above please.

sarahsweets
05-18-17, 02:50 AM
Hi all,
I've only just been diagnosed with inattentive ADD at the age of 40.
I've pretty much suspected it for a few years now and upon reflection have had it all my life.
I've been put on Dexamphetamines and told to take the following doses.

Day 1: 5mg morning - 5mg 4-5 hours later
Day 2: 10mg morning - 5mg 4-5 hours later
Day 3: 10mg morning - 10mg 4-5 hours later
Day 4: play around to get right dose. Ie: 2-1-1 or 2-2-1.

Just completed day 4 and I think I'll stick with 2-2 as I just feel I'm rushing the dose up too quick?
Whats your daily max? Is this the IR or the spansules?

Also I feel a little paranoid that my work colleagues are going to notice as I've definitely got a bit of a kick in the morning and feel I'm talking faster (not sure if I really am though).
I've worked every day since starting the meds so looking forward to a day off so the wife can observe my behaviours on the meds.

Screw the coworkers lol. Its not their business what you are taking. For all they know it could be a red bull. You owe nobody and explanation.

I'm also seeing my GP this week about my blood pressure. I'm normally around 145/85 which is hereditary (I'm fit and a healthy eater) but the meds have put me up to 165/95.
The plan was for me to go on BP meds on next visit to GP but as I've now started Dexamphetamine prescribed by the phycologist will that be an issue for BP meds?
I developed high BP a year ago and have been on stimulants for over 13 years. My GP is treating it now with BP meds and so far its ok. I know the stimulants make my bp flucuate but its not the main reason I have bp issues.

agdp01
05-18-17, 07:56 AM
Whats your daily max? Is this the IR or the spansules?

Just plain tablets. He didn't tell me a daily max, just to work around the 2-2-1 mark.
I took 2 at 7:30am them 2 at 11:30am then 1 at 2:30pm today which is my first day of 5 tablets (25mg).
Not really noticing any big change in focus, just seem a little more motivated than usual.