View Full Version : Adderall and mosquitoes

Swissy
05-18-17, 07:56 PM
I know this is super weird, but normally I am a mosquito magnet. So bad that it will keep me indoors on a summer night. Tonight I was out, people were stomping, swatting, jumping around and spraying gallons of OFF because biting things were attacking. But not ONCE did I feel anything. I have not one bite and nothing has changed except for adderall. I actually skipped it 2 days ago, and yesterday and today I only took 1/2 of my daily dose so I don't have much in my system... but if this is a real thing I will take it as prescribed all summer, lol! Anyone else experience this?

namazu
05-18-17, 08:27 PM
I know this is super weird, but normally I am a mosquito magnet. So bad that it will keep me indoors on a summer night. Tonight I was out, people were stomping, swatting, jumping around and spraying gallons of OFF because biting things were attacking. But not ONCE did I feel anything. I have not one bite and nothing has changed except for adderall. I actually skipped it 2 days ago, and yesterday and today I only took 1/2 of my daily dose so I don't have much in my system... but if this is a real thing I will take it as prescribed all summer, lol! Anyone else experience this?
Oh, I wish!!! They love me, stimulants or not!
:scratch:<-- me, scratching at mosquito bites

Swissy
05-18-17, 09:48 PM
Darn. I thought maybe they were using deet as a filler in some genetics nowadays, lol. I would totally inject deet to keep mosquitoes away!

sarahsweets
05-19-17, 03:36 AM
Weird question: whats your blood type? Reason I ask is last summer I read a reliable-ish study talking about blood type and mosquitos. It said something about people with O blood being more succeptable to mosquito bites. They might have mentioned other types too but I cant remember now.

BlackWarrior
05-19-17, 03:46 AM
Mosquitoes are attracted to the CO2 emitted by your skin when you sweat. When you're taking a stimulant, you're probably perspiring more so that is probably why mosquitoes are attracted to you.

Swissy
05-19-17, 03:30 PM
I am O+, I read up on what attracts them (in a person's genetic make up) and know I am predispositioned to being attacked. It was SO WEIRD that they left me alone; I was trying to figure out why. The adderall was the only difference and I was hoping it could be true 😆