View Full Version : Paleo

Shamindo
05-19-17, 01:30 PM
has anyone here tried paleo and found it affective for ADHD? I need some kind of system for my eating, I def need structure in that sense (as a lot of us do). If I don't I'll just eat anything and everything. So I'm wondering if paleo is good for us?

ginniebean
05-19-17, 02:18 PM
I have tried Paleo, I now do keto. As far as I can see no benefit to adhd but there are enough benefits in other ways. One thing I have experienced is a lightening of mood so those with depression might find themselvdz feeling better. Don't take my word for it tho.

I do find Paleo too purist for me. On keto, I keep to my macros and go as pure as I can.

peripatetic
05-19-17, 02:21 PM
i've tried a couple of diet things...ketogenic was one...

i don't know that i've tried paleo.

i will offer this: i asked my psychiatrist about diet once and he basically said, try whatever you like, but don't expect it to cure your mental illness.

i think a diet that includes lots of vegetables, some grains, yoghurt, not much sugar, some fruit, and a good amount of protein and "healthy fats" (i eat a lot of fish) is what makes me feel best. i avoid processed foods because i have suspicions about them. i also think they're just not good for you. anything that's got unpronouncable ingredients and an expiry date inked on it is probably not the best choice.

Little Missy
05-19-17, 03:10 PM
i've tried a couple of diet things...ketogenic was one...

i don't know that i've tried paleo.

i will offer this: i asked my psychiatrist about diet once and he basically said, try whatever you like, but don't expect it to cure your mental illness.

i think a diet that includes lots of vegetables, some grains, yoghurt, not much sugar, some fruit, and a good amount of protein and "healthy fats" (i eat a lot of fish) is what makes me feel best. i avoid processed foods because i have suspicions about them. i also think they're just not good for you. anything that's got unpronouncable ingredients and an expiry date inked on it is probably not the best choice.

They always have a strange odor to them also.

Unmanagable
05-19-17, 05:28 PM
A well planned gluten-free whole food plant-based vegan diet, minus caffeine and alcohol, as well, helps me big time, but not specific to adhd, just in my overall health and wellness, which then allows me to better address my struggles, most days.

Shamindo
05-21-17, 01:07 AM
Thanks everyone for sharing!