View Full Version : Single and confused.

Shamindo
05-21-17, 01:17 AM
I'm so sick of battling my desire to stay single. 80 percent of the time I'm pretty happy being single, but every now and then I think, oh **** I should start dating. Then I start dating, HATE IT, beat myself down and go back to my comfy 80 percent me that's happy being single. Having ADHD has made it hard enough for me to date people in the same way others do, combine that with baggage, I just feel like what's the point? At the same time, I worry about how much pleasure I get on my own. Like seriously, listening to audio books and puttering around the house is my favourite thing to do EVER. I don't really know what I am whining about. I guess partly, I fell really hard for someone, waited too long, and realized I was played. Now I wish I had never even wanted to date him in he first place or anyone. It took me a long time to pluck up the courage to let him in. Ugh I don't know. I guess I just wish being single received as much respect as being coupled. I really don't think I want a relationship. It really messes with my ADHD in the beginning, all those crazy hormones, some people love that feeling of falling in love. Is it worth spending all the time and therapy to get over **** so I can have a relationship?? Are we all meant to have that kind of intimacy? Ugh. To be single or to not be single, that is the question.

dvdnvwls
05-21-17, 01:39 AM
Single is good. Not-single is good.

It's very important for you to be sure that you don't put yourself into a situation where you have to keep on "convincing" yourself of anything. That is nothing but a way of lying to yourself.

Sometimes, I know, people do have to convince themselves of something - but when it's right, then they really do get convinced, and they stay convinced without further effort.

You have no choice but to be yourself. If you decide to be someone else, it will fail.

sarahsweets
05-21-17, 06:16 AM
There is nothing wrong with staying single, but I do think having other people in our lives is important even if its not romantic.