View Full Version : Just started Adderall for second time

Nightman96
05-24-17, 05:21 PM
Hello addforums!
I've been re-prescribed Adderall (10mg x 1 daily) in conjunction with Wellbutrin which I have been on for 4 months. I took one yesterday at 6 PM and since then I've only been able to sleep a collective of maybe 2 hours (4 PM right now.) I expected possible insomnia but this seems excessive, especially for instant release pills. So essentially I've been awake for 20 hours and I'm not feeling as tired as I should. I've been able to get some sleep in somehow but I just wake up out of it after 20-30 minutes and have energy again.

Have any of you had similar experiences? And any suggestions as what I can do to help get some sleep?

Little Missy
05-24-17, 06:23 PM
Take it in the morning instead? Do you go to work at 6pm?

Nightman96
05-24-17, 07:57 PM
Yes, I work nights, but I didn't work yesterday or tonight. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for on these forums. I'm just curious to see if anybody knows why a 6-hour pill is lasting 4x that.

sarahsweets
05-26-17, 12:56 PM
Hello addforums!
I've been re-prescribed Adderall (10mg x 1 daily) in conjunction with Wellbutrin which I have been on for 4 months. I took one yesterday at 6 PM and since then I've only been able to sleep a collective of maybe 2 hours (4 PM right now.)
The reason you couldnt sleep would be because you took your adderall at 6pm.

I expected possible insomnia but this seems excessive, especially for instant release pills. So essentially I've been awake for 20 hours and I'm not feeling as tired as I should. I've been able to get some sleep in somehow but I just wake up out of it after 20-30 minutes and have energy again.

Have any of you had similar experiences? And any suggestions as what I can do to help get some sleep?

Dont take your adderall at 6pm and expect to get a good nights' sleep.