View Full Version : Any long term success stories of just Strattera?

reboxetine89
05-26-17, 06:09 PM
Hi all, got diagnosed recently as an adult in my late 20's and was prescribed 40 mg Strattera. I'm now up to 80 mg. I'm really curious about people who have had some long term success with it

It just seems like there's not a lot of success stories with it. I'm hoping the tiredness goes away and I start feeling an increase of energy and focus!

So anyone who has long term success with Strattera and it is their drug of choice?

note: preferably a Strattera only regimen is what I'm asking about, since I looked through the forum and saw some people post success about Strattera but they were combining it with different ADHD drugs

Penfiskswmfibu
05-30-17, 12:24 PM
I've been on only strattera for over 7 years. I have had major success with it. It's helped me focus, sleep, and feel better. I notice I'm a lot less anxious on it, and actually feel "normal". It'll get better, but it takes a while. The website for it recommends waiting 4-6 weeks at target dose for major effects.

Serously though, this stuff is probably the only reason I'm graduating this year.

reboxetine89
05-31-17, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the reply -- Is it the only ADHD med you're on? You give me hope to continue it!

jman05
05-31-17, 10:36 AM
3 years on for me and its working great!

reboxetine89
06-01-17, 09:20 AM
jman, question, I guess the big question-- Are you just on Strattera? I'm trying to find some hope here, but I keep thinking that the people who have success on Strattera are often combining Strattera and some stimulant medication(or combining two adhd meds, etc)

jman05
06-02-17, 03:30 PM
jman, question, I guess the big question-- Are you just on Strattera? I'm trying to find some hope here, but I keep thinking that the people who have success on Strattera are often combining Strattera and some stimulant medication(or combining two adhd meds, etc)

Only Strattera. Nothing else worked for me. It was the last medication I tried and I basically gave up. I still feel lucky to this day.

reboxetine89
06-03-17, 06:45 PM
Thank you for chiming in! That encourages me to keep taking the med, at least for another month!