View Full Version : My experience with wellbutrin and maximising its efficacy

luvcheez
05-29-17, 07:27 PM
Hello,
I wanted to share my experience with Wellbutrin over the last year or so-how it worked initially, completely crapped out, and how I resurrected it's effects.

After no success with years of experimenting with SSRI's, I was finally prescribed Wellbutrin. I won't spend much time on how miraculous it was for me, but suffice to say it changed my life.

Then after 3 or 4 months, everything started to wear off. I was heartbroken, and sent down a deep depression.

Again I will spare the details of the journey, but I became absolutely set on fixing this issue.

I am incredibly thankful that I discovered 2 solutions that brought back the effectiveness of the medication. I know that many people will take issue with the first solution, but if you are as desperate as i was, you will try anything.

LONG STORY SUPER SHORT (contact me if you want more details)

The first thing I researched was manufacturing defects. I found that they are rare for prescription medications, but they do occur. I reqested a change in manufacturer in my generic Wellbutrin, and the changeover was instantanious and unmistakeable.
1a..The original manufacturer of my meds was Impax. Once I switched to another manufacturer (who i cannot recall at the moment) the effectiveness returned
1b. I live in spanish harlem, and at the time, i was trying to support local businesses by buying meds from a mom and pop pharmacy. It might be possible that they are not as well supervised as chain pharmacies and
had given me expired medication or something like that.
1c. the other possibility is that the common knowledge about generics is wrong. It's possible that the switch from one variant of the drug to another brought back its effectiveness. I have a backround in meds and know that most pharmacists will tell you this is not true.

The second discovery was that supplements of the amino acid Tyrosine brought back roughly 70% of the effectiveness of the original effect. I don't know if this would work for everybody. I think it worked for me because my digestive system is pretty screwed up. I have issues with gluten, and I am also lactose intolerant. My personal belief is that my body is not able to manufacture the dopamine that I need because of an inability to digest or absorb the necessary amino acids. At the moment I take 1000 mg every day on top of my 450 mg of Wellbutrin. I have also been experimenting with something called DopaBean, and will continue to see what increases efficacy even further.

PLEASE contact me if you have further questions.

sarahsweets
06-08-17, 05:02 AM
The second discovery was that supplements of the amino acid Tyrosine brought back roughly 70% of the effectiveness of the original effect. I don't know if this would work for everybody. I think it worked for me because my digestive system is pretty screwed up. I have issues with gluten, and I am also lactose intolerant. My personal belief is that my body is not able to manufacture the dopamine that I need because of an inability to digest or absorb the necessary amino acids. At the moment I take 1000 mg every day on top of my 450 mg of Wellbutrin. I have also been experimenting with something called DopaBean, and will continue to see what increases efficacy even further.

PLEASE contact me if you have further questions.
In dont think you should be asking anyone to contact you. You are not a doctor and you should never advise someone to take 1000mg of anything without telling them to contact their doctor. How do you even know its an absorption issue and that it directly relates to dopamine? Is there a dopamine test out their that I am not aware of?