View Full Version : Could I have AHDH?

arth96
06-01-17, 01:53 PM
Hi,

I'm a young student in college and recently I've started considering I might have ADHD. Actually I've never considered such thing before because I thought ADHD people were restless people "physically" speaking (they would move all over the place for example). But I've recently found out there were other types of ADHD and I think fitting the inattentive form of ADHD.
My mind is constantly distracted and roaming. Since I was a child, my teachers would tell me I was always in the clouds. Yet somehow I always managed to get average school results. But once I entered college, I really started having problems with my organisation. Even when I make a study plan, I can't easily stick to it especially when I'm tired of studying or when I feel overwehlmed. I have no sense of time either and I can be late at school, miss deadlines. And then I constantly lose stuff. During my exams in January, I had lost my student card (you need it to sit the exams in my county) because I had forgotten it in the class room. Recently I've also lost my pencil case . Well there are lots of instance I could pinpoint.
I'm afraid to go to a doctor because it's not the first time I'm consulting for my problems. And most of the time, I always get comments like
"you should make a bit more efforts" or "you should stop inventing yourself disorders".
Thanks for reading me!

arth96
06-01-17, 02:38 PM
I forgot to say I apologize for my bad english sometimes :/

G252013
06-01-17, 02:55 PM
the subject may say it all hehe

arth96
06-02-17, 07:03 AM
What do you mean? Haha

G252013
06-02-17, 03:40 PM
the title of the thread :)

arth96
06-02-17, 04:36 PM
So I could have it? :D

G252013
06-02-17, 05:01 PM
So I could have it? :D

idk if you have ADHD, but you definitely have AHDH:D

arth96
06-02-17, 05:13 PM
Oh yeah sometimes I mix up letters haha

G252013
06-02-17, 10:08 PM
oh yeah sometimes i mix up letters haha

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

arth96
06-03-17, 12:05 PM
But so what should I do? Do you think it's worth going to the doctor?

Falula36@hotmai
06-15-17, 04:03 PM
Hello, I was there going through college mainly because I failed my GCSE English and maths 3x times. What I had through college and uni was drive. Always take more time revising and classes. Don't be afraid to ask questions and be confident about asking them. If you don't understand, it's not your fault - you should feel frustrated who couldn't explain the things. If you feel like your struggling, don't wait until uni like I did before reaching out. There's all kinds of meds.

The way you know, writing down your symptoms in an unbiased and taking it to a doctor. They will do 2 assessments and some practitioners offer neurological psychological classes that helps you manage the most common symptoms of ADD/ADHD.

ADD / ADHD is also inherited by parents so the doctors reckon so may be worth talking to siblings and parents for any common symptoms too and do this journey with their support.

Best of luck,
Anne

-----
16 years of years of counselling, psycho therapy, CBT, tests and stimulants / meds.

sarahsweets
06-15-17, 06:33 PM
The way you know, writing down your symptoms in an unbiased and taking it to a doctor. They will do 2 assessments and some practitioners offer neurological psychological classes that helps you manage the most common symptoms of ADD/ADHD.

2 assessments? Ive never heard of that before. What kind?As far as I know there arent any tests for adhd and Ive never heard of neurolgical/ psychological classes to treat adhd.
What are they like?

kwalk
06-15-17, 10:20 PM
It was always the pencil case that I lost and could never be found again. Good times lol :D. Go to a psychiatrist or get a doctor to make you follow a pen really close to your eye, they did that to me once haha.

Sarahsweets- you can do neurological feedback. They made me do memory games that I eventually got really good at and it helped my memory especially on tests. They also put those little EEG things with wires on my head that worked with my brain waves. They said my brain waves eventually became normal but I didn't see a change in my overall attention.

sarahsweets
06-16-17, 02:53 PM
It was always the pencil case that I lost and could never be found again. Good times lol :D. Go to a psychiatrist or get a doctor to make you follow a pen really close to your eye, they did that to me once haha.

Sarahsweets- you can do neurological feedback. They made me do memory games that I eventually got really good at and it helped my memory especially on tests. They also put those little EEG things with wires on my head that worked with my brain waves. They said my brain waves eventually became normal but I didn't see a change in my overall attention.

Memory games and brain training games do not help the brain work better. They only help you while using/taking those tests. The results do not extend beyond that. Luminosity just got in trouble because of claims like yours and had to refund a much of money and change their advertising.

oldtimer
07-18-17, 11:24 AM
I agree with Sarah. Most of the mental games are not useful for anything. They are more likely to measure IQ and resourcefulness than what ever they are testing.

Arth you don't have ADHD. You could have inattentive ADD. By a a twist of fate this is the forum for that type of ADD. I suggest reading Dr Amen's book on ADD. If you have inattentive ADD stimulants will help you greatly in college.

Amen developed a symptom inventory survey. That or and inventory like it is very useful in getting you properly diagnosed. Taking the test and bringing it in with you is very useful. In 10 minutes my son verified his diagnosis and the medication that took 3 years of trial and error to come to. If the Dr doesn't want to see the test I would call that Dr a fool. You need to have someone competent enough not to be threatened by a piece of paper. Amen is one of the leading experts on ADD in the world.

Lunacie
07-18-17, 05:21 PM
I agree with Sarah. Most of the mental games are not useful for anything. They are more likely to measure IQ and resourcefulness than what ever they are testing.

Arth you don't have ADHD. You could have inattentive ADD. By a a twist of fate this is the forum for that type of ADD. I suggest reading Dr Amen's book on ADD. If you have inattentive ADD stimulants will help you greatly in college.

Amen developed a symptom inventory survey. That or and inventory like it is very useful in getting you properly diagnosed. Taking the test and bringing it in with you is very useful. In 10 minutes my son verified his diagnosis and the medication that took 3 years of trial and error to come to. If the Dr doesn't want to see the test I would call that Dr a fool. You need to have someone competent enough not to be threatened by a piece of paper. Amen is one of the leading experts on ADD in the world.

Sorry, but the actual experts on ADHD do not agree that Amen is an expert.

A symptom inventory may be useful, but personal and family history is also
very important.

sarahsweets
07-19-17, 07:01 AM

You have no business saying someone does not have adhd. And if we are playing along with the subtypes, if someone has inattentive adhd then they DO have adhd.

[/quote]
If he is such an expert, why dont leading doctors and researchers use his guidelines?