View Full Version : Adderall Redose?

MiMs277
06-02-17, 08:48 PM
So I just restarted taking my Adderall IR 10 Mgs for the DAT. I try to take it 1-2 days on and 1 day off so I can make sure my tolerance is not affected, my problem when I take is that I figured for an exam of this difficulty I'll need to more than 4-6 hours of studying a day, but whenever I redose my studying isn't nearly as effective as the first go around. I've considered upping the 2nd dose but that sounds like a great way for me to boost my tolerance to the drug. Any recommendations on the best way to take this medication?

sarahsweets
06-03-17, 04:29 PM
What does your doctor want you to do?

MiMs277
06-03-17, 05:17 PM
His response is fairly generic. He says to take it a second time, but I am actually concerned about my tolerance. Whenever it gets too high, I start getting depressed and my personality starts changing a bit.

sarahsweets
06-04-17, 05:38 AM
I think that the fear of tolerance is overrated sometimes. People get it in their heads that tolerance will definitely happen, and the fear of it happening causes some people to spend way too much time planning when they can take their medication instead of just taking it. there are reasons that these medications are prescribed for daily use; its because they are meant to be take daily and I believe that the excess worry over what could happen is distracting some people from focusing on their treatment.I also believe that tolerance is a lot more rare than people think. I think its possible but not nearly as common. I look at it this way: Most of the symptoms of adhd are impairing most of the time. Treating these impairments with approved medication is the best way to look at it. Worrying about tolerance wastes precious energy that can be better used to work on all the things that we need to work on and use medicaton as a tool. Have you had direct, no doubt experience with tolerance? Is it something that happens a lot? Have you been in a situation where you medication no longer works for an extended period of time?