View Full Version : Important information update: Adderall IR tablets

MyAchillesheel
06-03-17, 03:13 PM
The latest on Adderall IR tablets

1) As of May 1, 2017 Corepharma IR tablets are no longer being manufactured. They have ceased all production of their generic IR adderall tablets. No word on when or if they will be manufactured again in the future.

All Lots have been distributed according to Impax/Corepharma. You can call to verify this yourself at: 732-667-6000 ext 3. According to the rep they are only manufacturing their proprietary blend of XR generic version of adderall under the Impax name.

2) At this point in time these are the available generic forms of Adderall IR tablets according to the government run website dailymed.com for your reference: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/search.cfm?labeltype=all&query=AMPHETAMINE&pagesize=200&page=1

At present the most widely available generics are as follows:

Teva*

Aurobindo/Aurolife

Mallinckrodt

Mylan

**Sporadic and Limited availability of the following Generic IR tablets depending on regional location and pharmacy.

Sun Pharmaceuticals/Sun Pharma**

Sandoz/Eon**

Actavis** (new version reportedly available in white and pink round and oval shaped tablets. Tablet inscription from 5mg to 30mg are as follows. R 046, R 047, R 048, R 049, R 050, R 351, and R 352. (You can google those figures as "R 352 adderall" to see what the tablets look like)
These are in fact not based on the old Teva formula but based on a Watson/Danbury formula. Remember, Teva bought out Acatavis and Acatavis had previously bought out Watson Danbury. Confusing... I know.

3) *Teva reportedly has made changes to the shape of the 30 mg IR tablet. (No word in regard to the other tablets in smaller dosed sizes.) It is still orange and football shaped but is slightly flatter and larger than the previous tablet. It still has the same markings b 974. I have been told it "feels smoother in onset and stronger in its initial kick in, and longer duration". (You can take that as true second hand information)

I was also told the newer Teva IR tablets were currently being dispensed at Walgreens and some Walmarts located here in the Southwestern United States. The reviews have been favorable.

Has anyone had experience with Sun Pharma?

Has anyone had experience with the new Actavis IR tablets?

Has anyone found Sandoz/Eon IR tablets anywhere in the past 3 months?

If so please share your positive and negative experiences.

Thank you.

Little Missy
06-03-17, 03:21 PM
Sandoz/Eon are still available here. I had one month with Corepharma in April/May of this year. My druggist has plenty of Sandoz at this point.

MyAchillesheel
06-03-17, 08:46 PM
Little Missy,

How did the Corepharma work or not work for you?
Please share the pros and cons.

Which pharmacy was dispensing Sandoz/Eon?

Little Missy
06-03-17, 09:04 PM
The Corepharma was definitely different. It lasted longer-about 5-6 hours. Didn't seem to drop off to the "I have to take my Adderall nap NOW!" like the Sandoz does. But the dryness went beyond dry to painfully dry. There wasn't enough water in the universe to touch it. It took 2 hours to have my teeth cleaned when it is usually a half hour or 45 minutes. I did like the extra time but I just couldn't take being so dry. So painful.

Then my druggist said he was able to get Sandoz again. I'm the only Sandoz person he orders for and he's got me for about 5 months now. There has been no change with it because the NDC # is the same. Dated until 2018 :confused:

I don't want to talk pharmacies. Its a mom and pop shop that has been here forever.

He has offered Teva a few times and I like it, I used to only get that because it wasn't as harsh as the Sandoz but he said it is a lot more money now and being that he is so accommodating for me I figured I'd wait until Sandoz was really gone and pay more possibly.

Little Missy
06-03-17, 09:06 PM
How about you?

MyAchillesheel
06-03-17, 11:02 PM
Hi Little Missy,

When you take the Corepharma or the Sandoz do you find it increasing or decreasing motivation to complete tasks? Sedation or wakefulness, improved focus or hyperfocus?

How did Teva make you feel and function?

I understand your feelings about the pharmacy question. I also prefer the smaller friendlier pharmacies. Especially when you have a really good one.

I am of the Inattentive ADD variety who is quieter, more introverted, with a tendency towards lower energy. The proverbial "turtle wallflower".... The Corepharma Adderall made me do a 180 into the person I was always meant to be. An extroverted, social, friendly outgoing person. That lasted roughly four years until the 2012 adderall shortage. After that everything changed...

That said, I stepped back from adderall for a few years because of all of the inconsistencies with the generics. My preference from 2008 to 2011 was Corepharma. It provided everything I wanted in a medication: It was consistent, predictable, increased my motivation, improved verbal fluency and memory recall, conversational skills dramatically improved and made me a more extroverted friendly outgoing person. I miss it terribly... Back then many people hated Corepharma/Ranbaxy. :)

Aside from that my needs are much different than those of the hyperactive variety. Like I mentioned previously my medication needs to wake up my brain to make me more extroverted and motivated to complete tasks.

In regard to the other generics I have used; Aurobindo, Mallinckrodt, Sandoz, the reformulated Corepharma from 2012 to present day, and Teva.... I can't give an accurate assessment of any of them because of health issues that impacted the way they worked at that time. Now having regained improved health it is time to retest all the generics again.

The only comments I have about present day Corepharma is I find that it either does nothing, cause a headache, increase fatigue, and a general overall malaise. I tried it in 20 and 30mg tablet sizes and could not make either work regardless of titration in dosage up or down. I apologize to those who like it. I don't mean to badmouth a particular brand but I just found Core to be ineffective for me.

Now I am back into retrying the current selections of adderall (aside from Corepharma) and looking for feedback on how people react to them.

I am most curious in hearing feedback on which generics pack a bigger kick as opposed to the super smooth versions.

I am also curious to hear feedback about Sun Pharma, especially since they bought Ranbaxy and now Ranbaxy or Mutual Pharmaceuticals makes their generic.

I am also curious to hear feedback on the new reformulated Actavis/Watson version as well as the new updated Teva I have heard about from other peers.

BlackWarrior
06-04-17, 01:58 AM
I'm really curious about the "new" Teva tablets now. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try them on my next refill in a couple weeks.

newby8
06-04-17, 03:01 AM
I was getting Sandoz for the four months here in SoCal @ Costco. But my last fill was that ****ry Mallinkrockt, oh how i despise them. I have always preferred Sandoz over the last 10 years. But for me they tend to be very speedy.

Little Missy
06-04-17, 07:51 AM
Hi Little Missy,

When you take the Corepharma or the Sandoz do you find it increasing or decreasing motivation to complete tasks? Sedation or wakefulness, improved focus or hyperfocus?

How did Teva make you feel and function?

I understand your feelings about the pharmacy question. I also prefer the smaller friendlier pharmacies. Especially when you have a really good one.

I am of the Inattentive ADD variety who is quieter, more introverted, with a tendency towards lower energy. The proverbial "turtle wallflower".... The Corepharma Adderall made me do a 180 into the person I was always meant to be. An extroverted, social, friendly outgoing person. That lasted roughly four years until the 2012 adderall shortage. After that everything changed...

That said, I stepped back from adderall for a few years because of all of the inconsistencies with the generics. My preference from 2008 to 2011 was Corepharma. It provided everything I wanted in a medication: It was consistent, predictable, increased my motivation, improved verbal fluency and memory recall, conversational skills dramatically improved and made me a more extroverted friendly outgoing person. I miss it terribly... Back then many people hated Corepharma/Ranbaxy. :)

Aside from that my needs are much different than those of the hyperactive variety. Like I mentioned previously my medication needs to wake up my brain to make me more extroverted and motivated to complete tasks.

In regard to the other generics I have used; Aurobindo, Mallinckrodt, Sandoz, the reformulated Corepharma from 2012 to present day, and Teva.... I can't give an accurate assessment of any of them because of health issues that impacted the way they worked at that time. Now having regained improved health it is time to retest all the generics again.

The only comments I have about present day Corepharma is I find that it either does nothing, cause a headache, increase fatigue, and a general overall malaise. I tried it in 20 and 30mg tablet sizes and could not make either work regardless of titration in dosage up or down. I apologize to those who like it. I don't mean to badmouth a particular brand but I just found Core to be ineffective for me.

Now I am back into retrying the current selections of adderall (aside from Corepharma) and looking for feedback on how people react to them.

I am most curious in hearing feedback on which generics pack a bigger kick as opposed to the super smooth versions.

I am also curious to hear feedback about Sun Pharma, especially since they bought Ranbaxy and now Ranbaxy or Mutual Pharmaceuticals makes their generic.

I am also curious to hear feedback on the new reformulated Actavis/Watson version as well as the new updated Teva I have heard about from other peers.

If you really want to know the truth, I've only taken the three I mentioned and have been for about 15 years now. I don't compare this or that, I just take them as prescribed and the only one that was uncomfortable was Core with the dryness.

I've never had the merry-go-round of all the different generics to compare. But I can say that changing to a different generic is like taking an entirely different medication and it took me awhile to get used to the difference.

I'm in a very large state with a very small population. Perhaps the chain pharmacies order the cheapest available to distribute, I have no idea.

Gineepig
09-09-17, 03:05 AM
Overall, my experience is generics fall short of Brand adderall, and often counter-productive. However, I just had a new prescription filled with Aurobindo regular adderall. On the first day, it produced BETTER results than brand. No headaches, confusion, or hyperness. Focus was great, and I felt great. Only side affect was getting to sleep late, but I picked up dispenced script at 5pm (its a new script for afternoon booster if needed after morning 30mg IR - brand). Perhaps its just new and this will change - will report back after 30 days - so far, autobindo gets an "A".

wonderboy
09-10-17, 12:10 AM
I was getting Sandoz for the four months here in SoCal @ Costco. But my last fill was that ****ry Mallinkrockt, oh how i despise them. I have always preferred Sandoz over the last 10 years. But for me they tend to be very speedy.

I have stated this before in these forms… There is something profoundly..., profoundly.. wrong with Mallinkrockt!!

Do -not- accept the Mallinkrockt brand!

aeon
09-10-17, 12:49 AM
Weird...Mallinckrodt dextroamphetamine sulfate is tops.

Cheers,
Ian

wonderboy
09-10-17, 04:21 AM
I'm really curious about the "new" Teva tablets now. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try them on my next refill in a couple weeks.

In a poll, given to members of this forum about five or six years ago,
Barr (now Teva) displayed A significant preference among those polled.

Here is the data, as taken directly from this site (i.e. The poll)

View Poll Results: What's Your Preferred Adderall IR Generic?
Sandoz 85 29.21%
Barr 102 35.05%
CorePharm. 29 9.97%
Original Name Brand (Shire) 23 7.90%
"New" Name Brand (Teva) 21 7.22%
No preference- all the same to me 46 15.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 291. You have already voted on this poll

It is interesting to me to look at this now, and wonder,what people think about how things have changed…

At that time, I actually voted in this poll, and voted for Barr (now Teva)

But now, present day, even though it is discontinued, I would vote for
Corepharma

Interesting….

It is such a quagmire

*Note to moderators: this may be, by accident, a repeated post
If it is, please delete.

Careyokey911
12-07-17, 02:11 AM
I have stated this before in these forms… There is something profoundly..., profoundly.. wrong with Mallinkrockt!!

Do -not- accept the Mallinkrockt brand!

I second this fact!!!

Any place that only carries this crap should be shot and by shot i mean fired.