View Full Version : I saved my home.

sarahsweets
06-04-17, 01:14 PM
Awhile back I shared how our house was in foreclosure and literally up for Sheriff's sale and how devastated I was. How scared and hopeless I felt. It wasn't an issue of bad money management. We truly had our loan sold to the worst mortgage management company ever. I have been dealing with their incompetence for so long and it seemed like the more info and documents I produced, the less likely they were to help me. I hated the fact that a legit bank could just decide to sell our loan to any company they wanted.

Can you imagine if I say... I lent psycho 50$ to be paid back in 2 months. But I decided to sell the loan to little missy so she could collect on it and she decided to change the terms of the loan. Now she wanted it all in 1 month or else she would charge interest. So psycho cant pay the loan in a month and little missy tacks on 100$. Now psycho owes 150 and falls behind. He tells little missy that the terms of the loan with me were one way, but little missy doesn't care. She asks for proof of those terms and when psycho sends the proof, little missy says she didn't get it. And the runaround continues over and over again.

It was like that only worse. All kinds of changes, some illegal shenanegins and beligerent customer service. I was told " they don't want your house, no bank wants your house" but that is not how it seemed. Our house first went up for Sheriff's sale in November and I found a woman through a friend that worked for a lawyer unrelated to my case, but a law firm that went after people like me so she knew the ins and outs. She managed to get a stay for two weeks but she had started talking to me about moving into another place.

I started thinking..there is no way I am the only one this has happened to. We didnt get a subprime mortgage that we couldnt afford before the collapse. Our house is old and needs alot of work and has always been in our budget.

I had remembered that NJ had settled with certain lenders over illegal practices related to homeowner's assistance that the government had forced banks to engage in. Stuff like lost $, documents etc.
So I googled it. I found our our company was one of them, and there was even a helpline set up for people to call so I did.

We don't qualify for any settlement money because we were not actually kicked out of our house but I did get assigned an investigator from the Atty General's office. I became a pain in her butt with my prompt followup, any documents she needed were instantly faxed and overnighted. I cant believe I managed to hold the paper trail I had on this company over the last few years, together but I did.
Our house went up for Sheriff's sale in December, January, March and then May. The last date was 6/22. Each time the Atty General has gotten a stay and forced the lender to accept and account for documents received while I went through the modification process. I was getting confirmation letters from the office of the president about each and every step of the process and on anything they received from me. That never happened before.

We signed the final modification papers in the beginning of Maywith a notary and correctly! Just last week, I got a copy of them for us to keep. I emailed the Atty General just to be sure, and as of Friday she said they accepted the modification, corrected public information and their information, and the Sheriff's sale for the 22 is off!
I am still checking with the Sheriff's department and the law firm that the company uses to be safe but I can breathe again.

Just wanted to share. The little guy can sometimes win. There is always hope.
All is never lost.
I have gone through more sh*t sober than I ever did drinking, and I managed to stay sober instead of running away, procrastinating and hiding from my problems. The old me would have been so drunk that all I could have done was plead, cry and wail with the lender or judge and we would have lost our home, our pride and stability.
I am not trying to be arrogant and toot my own horn. I just wanted to share this with my second family.
XXXOOO

midnightstar
06-04-17, 01:41 PM
:grouphug:s sarah I am so happy for you :D

Little Missy
06-04-17, 02:23 PM
I think your name should be Sarah Smarts. :D

Unmanagable
06-04-17, 02:28 PM
Hot damn! Way to go!

ginniebean
06-04-17, 02:58 PM
What a relief. Thank goodness for you and your family. Good job! Damn good job!

Pilgrim
06-04-17, 04:07 PM
Well done. Unbelievable that financial institutions can behave that way. It's great you gave it to them.

aeon
06-04-17, 06:24 PM
Congrats.

It must be nice to own a home.

Cheers,
Ian

acdc01
06-04-17, 08:37 PM
Wow, I'm so glad and impressed.

anonymouslyadd
06-04-17, 09:07 PM
It's time to toot!

Share it on my big successes thread! http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168076

Lunacie
06-04-17, 09:33 PM
https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/I-QAAOSwbsBXoOOL/s-l225.jpg :yes:

Fuzzy12
06-04-17, 10:01 PM
Well done and phew!!

psychopathetic
06-05-17, 02:29 AM
You know...my life was going pretty dang well...
Until I made the mistake of taking a make pretend loan out through Sweets. :mad: Heck! I didn't even know I took the loan out with her till just today! :eek: :eyebrow:
Everything's just gone straight down hill ever since!!!

:giggle:

(((((((Sweets)))))))

I'm so happy for you and your family. What a huge relief! And awesome job keeping your sobriety nice and safe through it all!

psychopathetic
06-05-17, 02:36 AM
I think your name should be Sarah Smarts. :D

Or...
Wonder Sweets
Supersweets
Ultrasweets
Power Sweets
Marvel Sweets
Katniss Eversweets (lol)
Bionic Sweets

stef
06-05-17, 02:48 AM
This is wonderful news! :)

DJ Bill
06-05-17, 04:12 PM
Hey Sarah....Want to work your magic on my property tax foreclosure?

Banks that sell loans really need to check out who is buying them. The company you were dealing with sounds like it needs to be shut down.....oh 60 Minutes??got a story for ya!