View Full Version : Adderall urine drug screen levels?

Helpneeded
06-05-17, 08:06 AM
Good morning all! Hope you don't mind me posting here but was wondering if you had any insight or information related to Adderall/amphetamine drug test levels in a urine drug screen.

Long story short... I am in the reserves for the military and was recently diagnosed with ADHD and was prescribed Adderall 35mg a day by my civilian doctor. I disclosed this to my chain of command as well as the clinic and it seems like it's no big deal to have the diagnosis and be prescribed this medication (thankfully!) Hoping I'm a okay.

Here's the thing though... this past weekend I had a "random" drug test and I think I'm okay as the medication is listed in my medical file however the drug test guy said if it's positive then they will evaluate the specific amphetamine levels to determine if I'm abusing or misusing my medication. I take my medication as prescribed and do not snort or crush it (I'm on extended release).

My provider randomly drug tests me to make sure I'm taking it appropriately and my last screen (on 5/5/17) showed positive for amphetamines at a 14900 ng/ml. Is this level high and indicative of abuse? I found a conversion table on a web site and it looks like my last level indicates it was positive for approximately 14.9 mg of Adderall? Is this correct? If so does that mean I should be okay?

Does anyone know what ng/ml levels are considered excessive and indicate of abuse? I'm kinda freaking out right now as I'm hitting my 15th year in the reserves in December. If my levels are found to be consistent of abuse I could be in a lot of trouble and could get kicked out. I take my meds as prescribed but I'm obviously expecting the worst here. I just don't know if the military considers a certain level to be abuse or if they use civilian standards if that makes sense.

If you made it this far thank you. Any information, insight or experience would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

BlackWarrior
06-06-17, 02:57 AM
You say you take your medication as prescribed so I don't see why you're worried. If anything your urine levels probably show less than what you take. Amphetamines clear out of my system very quickly.

sarahsweets
06-06-17, 05:03 AM
I dont understand why you are worried.

Helpneeded
06-06-17, 11:32 AM
You say you take your medication as prescribed so I don't see why you're worried. If anything your urine levels probably show less than what you take. Amphetamines clear out of my system very quickly.

Just worried that the military will interpret the levels as abuse. I don't know if they base it on their standards or typical civilian ones if there even is a difference? Just looking for a range of numbers that would be consistent with abuse to put my mind at ease. Thanks for your input. I actually met with my provider yesterday and she did assure me that if there was any issues with this she will attest to my compliance with my medication. So I'm feeling a little better about it today but I always tend to think the worst. Thanks again!