View Full Version : Dealing with negative thoughts sucks!

Regular
06-05-17, 09:42 AM
For the longest time I have put up with intrusive thought processes, I am lost in my mind tribute to old criticisms and past mistakes. I deal with a lot of intrusive suicidal thought and its hard to think past your own death but after a while It does get better. Don't get me wrong the at least a few times a day I stop talk it out in my head but for the most part its a quick metal slip. Confusion comes hand in hand with any intrusive mind so I feel like talking will help(others have told me so as well).

Sure I feel like I want to die, but thoughts and feelings are different making it ever harder separate the two when they intrude on each other. My challenge is not in staying alive its in separating my feelings from thoughts to avoid an impulse decision that could end in loss.

Leaving some of my feelings here will help me think, thanks for listening(even if it correlates poorly with your experience). If you deal with any type intrusive thinking and have a path of logic to share on coping please do!

sarahsweets
06-05-17, 10:51 AM
I havent had to deal with that kind of thinking for a very long time but something that I had to learn was: Feelings are not facts. Just because we feel something, doesnt make it true. It will pass no matter how painful.

peripatetic
06-05-17, 10:53 AM
i have difficulty with intrusive thoughts.

medication has worked for me in this respect. mine are from OCD, not depression, but they result in being suicidal, so perhaps similar to your situation.

i hope you find relief soon. xx

Regular
06-06-17, 12:00 AM
i have difficulty with intrusive thoughts.

medication has worked for me in this respect. mine are from OCD, not depression, but they result in being suicidal, so perhaps similar to your situation.

i hope you find relief soon. xx

I'm just lost on what type of meds are good for this, everyone works differently and my last run with meds was crap to say the least. I'm looking into other over the counter remedies like nootropic supplements. I'm only thinking that taking a medication will do nill and going through half a dozen is a large amount of time to be messing with my biochemistry which is already ******.

peripatetic
06-06-17, 12:17 AM
I'm just lost on what type of meds are good for this, everyone works differently and my last run with meds was crap to say the least. I'm looking into other over the counter remedies like nootropic supplements. I'm only thinking that taking a medication will do nill and going through half a dozen is a large amount of time to be messing with my biochemistry which is already ******.

i could tell you all of the meds i take, but as you say, what works for one may not work for another. and i am not diagnosed with depression.

have you tried cognitive behavioral therapy or other types of therapy?