View Full Version : Just started Teva-Methylphenidate ER-C

BloopLoops
06-07-17, 09:58 PM
First off sorry if this is the wrong forum. It is a time release form of Ritalin as far as I know.

I started on the 18mg tab today in the middle of the afternoon. I understand that it will keep me up but I have medication for sleeping so I am not all that worried about it.

So far I have noticed a slight buzzing feeling in my body and feelings that I would associate with taking methamphetamines but very subtle. I can feel it in my sinus area in my face and my body feels a little lighter. I just cleaned my kitchen and now intend to clean the bedroom. If ya dig. I have not tried to much in the way of concentrating on reading or studying yet. I will be doing more of that tomorrow so I hope to see some type of improvement but I am not sure.

It is strange but even typing this I am finding that I am having to backup and correct myself less than I normally would. Interesting! Perhaps there will be some positive change.

Anyone have opinions on long term effects of this drug? I was doing some internet digging and there is a lot of bad press. I am not so worried about that at the moment but it is something that I would consider when looking for a long term solution seeing as if I find something that works I intend to stay on it.

I will post updates over the next few days just in case anyone is interested.

BloopLoops
06-08-17, 02:46 PM
Well day two has been less eventful, in a good way. I can still feel the effects of the medication but the previously described meth type side effects. I still have a slight buzzy feeling in my body but nothing overly distracting.

I think I felt some positive effects when having a meeting. Talking I was slightly more on track and felt more confident. And listening was better. I made better eye contact and was comfortable with it. Staring into her eyes did not make me uneasy or want to look away. Very cool. So for the moment I am giving this stuff a thumbs up.

BloopLoops
06-10-17, 10:01 AM
Just a quick update. It seems that the body feeling as gone away as has the positive side effects. I am no longer noticing much of anything at all except that about three quarters through my day I start to emotionally fall apart. Now this could be do to the fact that I am dealing with a new diagnosis and on some level it is upsetting me, and that I just lost my job due to these issues. So could be totally natural, could be attributed to medication.

BloopLoops
06-12-17, 11:10 PM
Still not sure if I am feeling any positive side effects from this medication.

sarahsweets
06-13-17, 04:50 AM
Ignore the bad press. People who are ignorant or dont believe in adhd often dominate blogs and antimed forums. When people have negative opinions about something you usually see that stuff before you see the success stories. Then when you have media like the NYT writing anti-stimulant articles full of misinformation, you can easily find bad stuff. There was a site or blog called "ritalin death" which is ridiculous as well. Most people who have good things work out are not the ones making posts. Its the bad press that shakes the most trees.

BloopLoops
06-15-17, 10:10 AM
I agree Sarah. I am not a basher of the meds. They have saved my life in the past with my BPD so I go forward with a open mind and a willingness to try anything at this point. In the past I would never have tried the drugs I am taking now do to my recovery from active addiction. This morning I took to "controlled substances" to try and help make the day as productive as possible.

I am still not sure if I am getting anything out of this medication. My doctor is sticking to the two weeks at 18mg and moving up to the next little bump up. I am not feeling very optimistic about this little increase that I will start next week. But who knows. It is very hard for me to be patient with the schedule. I am like OK so I don't fee lit, its been a week....lets increase TODAY.
The cocktail of drugs that I am on right now is pretty intense and I feel only somewhat effective. Sadly the clonazepam is the most helpful thing for my stress, it seems to cool me out a bit and I can move through my day with what seems to be greater productivity. Could just be that I feel better so I am more positive who knows.

Lunacie
06-15-17, 11:02 AM
First off sorry if this is the wrong forum. It is a time release form of Ritalin as far as I know.

I started on the 18mg tab today in the middle of the afternoon. I understand that it will keep me up but I have medication for sleeping so I am not all that worried about it.

So far I have noticed a slight buzzing feeling in my body and feelings that I would associate with taking methamphetamines but very subtle. I can feel it in my sinus area in my face and my body feels a little lighter. I just cleaned my kitchen and now intend to clean the bedroom. If ya dig. I have not tried to much in the way of concentrating on reading or studying yet. I will be doing more of that tomorrow so I hope to see some type of improvement but I am not sure.

It is strange but even typing this I am finding that I am having to backup and correct myself less than I normally would. Interesting! Perhaps there will be some positive change.

Anyone have opinions on long term effects of this drug? I was doing some internet digging and there is a lot of bad press. I am not so worried about that at the moment but it is something that I would consider when looking for a long term solution seeing as if I find something that works I intend to stay on it.

I will post updates over the next few days just in case anyone is interested.

That was also the first thing I noticed when I started taking Omega 3. Didn't
have to correct as many mistakes, or stop to think of what word I wanted to
use and thereby lose the train of thought. Also one of the first things I saw
return when I ran out of the supplement. I quickly bought more.

BloopLoops
06-17-17, 10:16 PM
Anyone here willing to share how much they are taking? I will confess and say that I jumped the gun and tried taking 36mg today. I think I may have felt some improvement in my ability to stay on task. I think I may have been a little less anxious/quick to anger as well. But I can't be sure of this either. I did not take it all at once I waited about four hours before taking the second tablet. I was seriously hoping for a WOW! type of reaction to the medication but none such luck. I am feeling positive still but I think my investigation process of these meds is far from over yet.