View Full Version : Desperate. Where can I find Corepharma Generic adderal (5 or 10mg IR) in WA state?

Wooohah
06-10-17, 10:42 PM
I'm a bit desperate here, this kinda hit me out of the blue and I'm panicking a bit.
I usually get my prescription filled at Rite Aid and I've been on adderall for the last year and a half. I've always gotten 5mg Corepharma Amphetamine Salts blue pills from them. I've usually taken 15-20mg per day.

Recently, Rite Aid switched manufacturers/ distributors and they now carry Aurobindo adderall substitutes. My lord... it is the worst thing ever, it does not work AT ALL and it has some bad side effects. Last month getting my refill I got a slightly different shade of blue pills than I was normally getting.
I didn't really think twice about it and just threw it with whatever I had left over from before and took them.
I noticed that month that adderall wasn't having too big of an effect on me, so I asked my doctor to increase my dosage to 20mg.
I got my new pills (2x 10mg) and I noticed it was DextroAmp-Amphetamine by Aurobindo. This drew a red flag, I also noticed over the week I took them that it did absolutely nothing for me and I often had headaches.
I did more research and realized that different generic brands can have extremely different results for different people.

I really need this medication. I'm in the middle of Finals week right now and this is the worst possible time for this problem to come up. I'm out of my old Corepharma pills.
I know some people don't like Corepharma because of the potency, but I love it. Kicks in instantly around 30-45 minutes. In the peak it would give me this euphoric energetic feeling that would last an hour or two. It was wonderful. I only NEEDED 15 maybe 20mg a day and that was it.

I've called all my local pharmacies, CVS, Walgreens, Safeway, QFC, Costco, Walmart and Fred Meyer. They all don't carry Corepharma...

My next possible option is ordering online. Is there any place that stocks Corepharma online? I have insurance, Regency.

I've asked all the pharmacies i've listed and they all said they can't order a different brand of generic unless their distributor stocks it. They said its a Schedule C2 drug so they can't do that.

Seriously, any help would be greatly appreciated right now.
I've read too many stories of people getting switched to a generic that doesn't work and it ends up ruining their lives.

Currently I'm on Teva 2x10mg IR from Walgreens. As I'm writing this its about 1 hour after my first dose. To be determined how well it works, but the effects have just kicked in.
I feel a bit weird... difficult to explain the feeling, almost like I'm a bit... nervous or anxious. Its strange.

Johnny Slick
06-11-17, 01:05 AM
Bartell's? Otherwise, can you order online? Maybe you can't do that with scheduled drugs, I don't know...

Wooohah
06-11-17, 01:18 AM
Bartell's? Otherwise, can you order online? Maybe you can't do that with scheduled drugs, I don't know...

I went into my local Bartells, they carried Aurobindo which is the one I didn't like.
I honestly don't know if I can order online... Its a scheduled drug so I'm really unsure.

Right now I'm trying to find some local small pharmacies, I've heard you can usually have better luck having them order a specific brand, you know if that's true?

kwalk
06-11-17, 03:11 AM
I have heard the local small pharmacy thing, though all the local ones around me are high end and don't do that. Small mom and pop pharmacies seem to be what they are talking about. I only know about one that isn't as close to me anymore. Have you tried Teva? It's sold at Walgreens. I liked sandoz but I had to give up finding it and doubled my dose of teva, it atleast helps me feel clear. It's a shame I have a ton of coreppharma here, it makes me tired.

sarahsweets
06-11-17, 04:34 AM
I really need this medication. I'm in the middle of Finals week right now and this is the worst possible time for this problem to come up. I'm out of my old Corepharma pills.
I know some people don't like Corepharma because of the potency, but I love it. Kicks in instantly around 30-45 minutes. In the peak it would give me this euphoric energetic feeling that would last an hour or two. It was wonderful. I only NEEDED 15 maybe 20mg a day and that was it.

I've called all my local pharmacies, CVS, Walgreens, Safeway, QFC, Costco, Walmart and Fred Meyer. They all don't carry Corepharma...
Dont quote me on this, but I thought I heard that corepharma wasnt going to make IR adderall anymore? Check the thread that references adderall changes in 2017 or something similar to that title. I could be wrong.

I've asked all the pharmacies i've listed and they all said they can't order a different brand of generic unless their distributor stocks it. They said its a Schedule C2 drug so they can't do that.

They are lying to you, they can order whatever they want, it has nothing to do with it being a c2, it has to do with their costs as a company. Pharmacies order what they can "afford" and what they will get the most money from via patients who pay out of pocket and what insurance companies will pay to them. If they order a cheaper one, even if its better for patients, they do not make as much money. They are telling you that either because they do not want the hassle or because the company doesnt want them to order a different brand, but it has nothing to do with it being a controlled substance.

Seriously, any help would be greatly appreciated right now.
I've read too many stories of people getting switched to a generic that doesn't work and it ends up ruining their lives.

Currently I'm on Teva 2x10mg IR from Walgreens. As I'm writing this its about 1 hour after my first dose. To be determined how well it works, but the effects have just kicked in.
I feel a bit weird... difficult to explain the feeling, almost like I'm a bit... nervous or anxious. Its strange.

You should try finding a smaller non-chain pharmacy. They often have a different generic or are willing to order one that a customer requests.

kwalk
06-11-17, 10:49 PM
I just read that Corepharm is now sold under the name impax and someone got them at Kmart. Hope that helps. I don't know if you tried this but some rite aids carry different brands from my experience.

Wooohah
06-12-17, 05:15 AM
I have heard the local small pharmacy thing, though all the local ones around me are high end and don't do that. Small mom and pop pharmacies seem to be what they are talking about. I only know about one that isn't as close to me anymore. Have you tried Teva? It's sold at Walgreens. I liked sandoz but I had to give up finding it and doubled my dose of teva, it atleast helps me feel clear. It's a shame I have a ton of coreppharma here, it makes me tired.

I got some Teva at Walgreens, I'm on day 2 of trying it. It feels a lot different from Corepharma. It takes a really long time to kick in, it takes at least an hour maybe hour 15 minutes to kick in.
It gives me some side effects and the adderall effects last about as long as Corepharma, but not as...potent.
If I could do Corepharma again, I would. I don't want the medication to take that long haha

Wooohah
06-12-17, 05:18 AM
Dont quote me on this, but I thought I heard that corepharma wasnt going to make IR adderall anymore? Check the thread that references adderall changes in 2017 or something similar to that title. I could be wrong.

They are lying to you, they can order whatever they want, it has nothing to do with it being a c2, it has to do with their costs as a company. Pharmacies order what they can "afford" and what they will get the most money from via patients who pay out of pocket and what insurance companies will pay to them. If they order a cheaper one, even if its better for patients, they do not make as much money. They are telling you that either because they do not want the hassle or because the company doesnt want them to order a different brand, but it has nothing to do with it being a controlled substance.

You should try finding a smaller non-chain pharmacy. They often have a different generic or are willing to order one that a customer requests.

Everyone online is telling me any decently big Pharmacy should be able to order me whatever brand of adderall I want.
But I've called into Fred Meyer, Safeway, QFC and I've gone into Bartells and Walgreens and asked for them to order me Corepharma.
They all said no and they can't order different brands because they only get what they have from the distributor and that they're C2 drugs.

I'm pretty angry honestly, I believe that people are able to order, but I can't believe ALL those stores are lying to me and wont let me order?
Should I just go talk to a manager?

I've written down a small list of independently owned Pharmacies near me. I'm going to be calling around tomorrow, I'm really hoping one of these smaller mom and pop pharmacies will be willing to order some for me.

Wooohah
06-12-17, 05:19 AM
I just read that Corepharm is now sold under the name impax and someone got them at Kmart. Hope that helps. I don't know if you tried this but some rite aids carry different brands from my experience.

Thanks! I'll call some different rite aids up then.
Unfortunately for Kmart... the closest one to me is about an hour away :(

kwalk
06-12-17, 11:09 AM
Thanks! I'll call some different rite aids up then.
Unfortunately for Kmart... the closest one to me is about an hour away :(

lol I don't know of a Kmart near me anymore. Good luck on the phone, they will usually not tell me that stuff until I bring them a prescription lol.