View Full Version : Mountain Dew kickstart: great for the tired ADHD!

kwalk
06-11-17, 01:35 AM
I took it for the second time at my other job today and I was exhausted, it woke me right up and I felt alert. Nothing in my mind was distracting me from doing tasks, felt like a good mood, and when I had to close I was moving pretty fast! I definitely recommend it if you feel tired a lot from working or school. I even had my adderall before it, but not taken too close together. It doesn't have a high amount of caffeine, so I am looking into the niacin it has in it. This is even better than the other sandoz adderall I was taking before that I can't find anymore. Hope some of you give it a try!

Also I have looked into it, a lot of people respond to this drink while energy drinks are too much or don't do anything for them.

aeon
06-11-17, 01:42 AM
Love them, both two of the 16oz. varieties, and two of the 12oz. varieties.

That said, a sugar-free NOS has its charms too.

Cheers,
Ian

Joker_Girl
06-12-17, 02:50 PM
I adore kickstart and drink it frequently. The grape and punch are my favorites, but they are all pretty good.

aeon
06-12-17, 04:07 PM
I adore kickstart and drink it frequently. The grape and punch are my favorites, but they are all pretty good.

I go for the Black Cherry and Orange Citrus in the 16oz.

I go for the Blood Orange and Blueberry Pomegranate in the 12oz.

The Raspberry Citrus in the 12oz. has tempted me, but I have not tried it yet.

Cheers,
Ian

kwalk
06-12-17, 08:02 PM
Pineapple mango is really good too

aeon
06-12-17, 08:21 PM
Pineapple mango is really good too

Agreed.

Tried the raspberry citrus. I will not buy it again. There was nothing bad about it, but there was nothing good about it either.

Cheers,
Ian

thaney
06-12-17, 08:55 PM
I've enjoyed it so far! :) I need to try again...

kwalk
06-12-17, 10:54 PM
Watermelon isn't very good either, but it worked lol.

I'm glad everyone enjoys this drink! I'm going to keep trying it but not everyday.

stef
06-13-17, 03:54 AM
Not available here :(
Not even Diet Mountain Dew, whichhas a kick of caffeine that I love (plus it just tastes good, ice cold). You can get sprite here but I dont think it has the same effect.

So this is totally different from Red Bull? I tried that once and I just hated the taste so much, I dont even know if it worked.

aeon
06-13-17, 07:09 AM
Yes, totally different than Red Bull, which is foul.

Cheers,
Ian

kwalk
06-13-17, 12:59 PM
You can order them off amazon

Lunacie
06-13-17, 03:22 PM
I took it for the second time at my other job today and I was exhausted, it woke me right up and I felt alert. Nothing in my mind was distracting me from doing tasks, felt like a good mood, and when I had to close I was moving pretty fast! I definitely recommend it if you feel tired a lot from working or school. I even had my adderall before it, but not taken too close together. It doesn't have a high amount of caffeine, so I am looking into the niacin it has in it. This is even better than the other sandoz adderall I was taking before that I can't find anymore. Hope some of you give it a try!

Also I have looked into it, a lot of people respond to this drink while energy drinks are too much or don't do anything for them.

They have about the same amount of caffeine as original Mountain Dew.

And they don't all have the added niacin.

Just did some reading on niacin and deficience, think I may get some when
I pick up my scripts at the pharmacy tomorrow. Am already taking Lycine.

stef
06-13-17, 03:49 PM
what about the " Monster" energy drinks?
i saw some in the store this evening

Little Missy
06-13-17, 04:50 PM
what about the " Monster" energy drinks?
i saw some in the store this evening

no! gag-0la. drink acouple of cokes. have a triple espresso on ice.

kwalk
06-14-17, 12:30 AM
They have about the same amount of caffeine as original Mountain Dew.

And they don't all have the added niacin.

Just did some reading on niacin and deficience, think I may get some when
I pick up my scripts at the pharmacy tomorrow. Am already taking Lycine.

It has about 14mg of niacin. Unfortunately all the other energy drinks has it too.

Lunacie
06-14-17, 10:34 AM
It has about 14mg of niacin. Unfortunately all the other energy drinks has it too.

I meant that in comparing the Kickstart labels online, not all flavors list niacin.

stef
06-14-17, 10:48 AM
no! gag-0la. drink acouple of cokes. have a triple espresso on ice.

I can get a small Starbucks frappacino at a convenience store here (not the double shot expresso, unfortunately). That got me through dinner time and 3/4 of the soccer game last night.

kwalk
06-15-17, 12:04 AM
I can get a small Starbucks frappacino at a convenience store here (not the double shot expresso, unfortunately). That got me through dinner time and 3/4 of the soccer game last night.

Do what you can do. So far I don't feel like im dying this week,so I didn't gag up on an energy drink today.

Lunacie- makes sense. I read up on niacin too and it does look to have good benefits, even lists for ADHD. Although B12 is said to do the same and that never helped me.

ohlookakitty
06-16-17, 12:26 PM
Yes, totally different than Red Bull, which is foul.

Cheers,
Ian

Heyyyy I love Red Bull although some of their new flavors are bleh and of course the caffeine content is low.

I do miss when energy drinks had insane amount of caffeine. Rockstar used to have 320mg caffeinated cans.