View Full Version : Burnt out?

BlackWarrior
06-12-17, 02:24 PM
I graduated from a quarter system school and returned to a community college that has a semester system. I have my last final tomorrow and I can't bare to study anymore. It's more like I know that I should study, but I'm always finding different ways to avoid it. I have nearly 100% in the class so my final exam grade will not matter much. I only need a score of 25% on the final to get an A in the class. Am I burnt out or am I just not worried since it is almost impossible for my grade to drop? I always feel like this towards the end of semester courses. How can I avoid distracting myself?

Fuzzy12
06-12-17, 02:49 PM
Last final tomorrow? Don't worry about why you are not studying and just focus on finding ways to study.

You can analyse it tomorrow after your finals. A few things that might help:

1. Change scene. Go to the library or to the park.

2. Start studying for just 5 min and then take it in 5 min intervals.

3. Eat or drink something for energy. I find that black tea with sugar and lemon energises me the most without making me too jittery. An apple can also work wonders.

4. If you are shattered get some sleep but set your alarm.

(Also yes I used to burn out before the last few exams).

BlackWarrior
06-12-17, 04:28 PM
Last final tomorrow? Don't worry about why you are not studying and just focus on finding ways to study.

You can analyse it tomorrow after your finals. A few things that might help:

1. Change scene. Go to the library or to the park.

2. Start studying for just 5 min and then take it in 5 min intervals.

3. Eat or drink something for energy. I find that black tea with sugar and lemon energises me the most without making me too jittery. An apple can also work wonders.

4. If you are shattered get some sleep but set your alarm.

(Also yes I used to burn out before the last few exams).

Wow I used to do all these things and have since stopped. Thank you for reminding me!

Fuzzy12
06-12-17, 07:16 PM
Best of luck and fingers crossed for tomorrow!!