View Full Version : Adderall (and other meds) and the heat

excelsior
06-13-17, 01:37 PM
It's hot here in Ytown, and a lot of other places. Adderall and other A.D.H.D. meds can sometimes cause problems when temps go into the high 80's or 90s. Any tips?

I got one. You can dehydrate FAST. Always have H20, Gatorade, etc at hand. Got a bike? Always keep a bottle in the...water bottle thingy. :)

sarahsweets
06-14-17, 04:48 AM
Bring a change of clothes with you when you are going to be out for while. I sweat bad anyway and combined with this disease and medication, I need to be able to change so I can cook/

ysecretsquirrel
06-24-17, 09:39 AM
According to manufacturers most formulations are sensitive to both heat and humidity. I live in Alberta and most of the time its mild and dry. But I had an issue where a batch of brand name Vyvanse came from the Pharma at low potency. I was bumped from a 20 to a 30 and from the first of the new batch it was almost a placebo. It still had some potency and it was new so I finished my 10 day batch. When I went for a refill, I complained and the pharma opened a new bottle for me. That batch was good. On the next refill, low potency again. Again I complained. The response was I should call the manufacturer as they had had no other complaints. I said at $7 a pill that is their job. I ended up make the call and the answer prompted a call to the Pharmacy head office. Now they have chosen refrigerate it. Fortunately, I was moved off Vyvanse by then.
I now keep my meds in the fridge as well. And I have a new Pharmacist.

Snoopy10
06-26-17, 07:44 AM
I wear a short sleeve t-shirt to work with a cardigan over it to to hide my arm pits. And pray for air con. Plenty of deodorant. Plenty of water and mouth wetting lozenges.

I wish they made little sleeves to go under t shirts to absorb extra sweaty armpit sweat. Wil someone invent those please? I'll buy them!

Little Missy
06-26-17, 07:55 AM
I wear a short sleeve t-shirt to work with a cardigan over it to to hide my arm pits. And pray for air con. Plenty of deodorant. Plenty of water and mouth wetting lozenges.

I wish they made little sleeves to go under t shirts to absorb extra sweaty armpit sweat. Wil someone invent those please? I'll buy them!

they do make them! google! :)