View Full Version : The single life sucks being adult with ADHD it doesn't help

Omgitstita
06-16-17, 06:08 PM
Just saying

finallyfound10
06-19-17, 10:37 PM
I can say that I think that is true at this time in my life.

Gypsy Willow
07-12-17, 02:59 PM
I hear ya!

MindBlind
07-21-17, 02:55 PM
I actually would prefer to be single and find it frustrating when I do start to have crushes on others or have whimsical fantasies about being in a romantic relationship. I don't think it would be a bad thing to be in a relationship, but I know that I'm in a place in my life where a romantic relationship just wouldn't be sustainable or sensible for me. When I have that craving for affection and romance I know it doesn't come from a place of genuine affection but rather a fixation on the novelty/excitement of being "in love" (or being in love with being in love).

It's not that I don't want to give dating a shot or whatever. I would just rather sort my own stuff out before dragging someone else into all that hot mess.

sarahsweets
07-24-17, 07:25 AM
Of course I come from a place of a 21 year marriage but I think it can be hard to be in a relationship with adhd as well, especially if both partners have adhd.

MindBlind
07-24-17, 12:42 PM
Of course I come from a place of a 21 year marriage but I think it can be hard to be in a relationship with adhd as well, especially if both partners have adhd.

It might be one of the reasons that some of us with ADHD might avoid relationships. On top of having aspergers, my ADHD does make interpersonal relationships more challenging and the added conflict from a relationship can make the symptoms more difficult, creating a bit of a vicious cycle. Plus, if you do manage to find tranquility we can start to feel stir crazy from the routine, which I guess makes commitment difficult. I know it's something I worry about in potential relationships.